Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
Calibre Error

Hi,

I'm getting an error when try to open a particular book in my Calibre library. The error message is pasted below.

All other books seem to open without problems. I doesn't seem to be a real permission problem, as I can open it as a zip file from the same account as I'm running Calibre (and it was Calibre that put it there in the first place).

Any suggestions?

/JB

[Errno 13] Permission denied: u'c:\\docume~1\\john\\locals~1\\temp\\calibre_0.5. 11_cb4crl_ebook_iter\\OEBPS'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\viewer\main .py", line 55, in run
File "threading.pyo", line 477, in run
File "calibre\ebooks\epub\iterator.pyo", line 132, in __enter__
File "calibre\ebooks\epub\iterator.pyo", line 45, in __new__
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'c:\\docume~1\\john\\locals~1\\temp\\calibre_0.5. 11_cb4crl_ebook_iter\\OEBPS'
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a ticket and attach the file, I think the problem is with the file permissions stored *inside* the epub file
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 04:53 AM   #3
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
Fixed in 0.5.12

Thanks, Kovid!
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote