Notices

Old 02-02-2021, 04:40 AM   #856
ben eneuts
ben eneuts began at the beginning.

Device: pb632
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropoy View Post
I installed it.
My Inkpad 3 seems a little bit faster and I appreciate the new UI environment. The Notes managing is quite better too.
To now, all seems OK.
Hello !
I own a Vivlio Touch HD plus (PB632) and I am considering installing the pocketbook firmware too. Did you have to save the Littré dictionary first ? Did you have to root the device first ?
ben eneuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:09 AM   #857
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben eneuts View Post
Hello !
I own a Vivlio Touch HD plus (PB632) and I am considering installing the pocketbook firmware too. Did you have to save the Littré dictionary first ? Did you have to root the device first ?
I did it and there’s no need to do anything. It feels like a regular upgrade. Even your books are still there.

I’m unsure about the dic
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2021, 05:37 AM   #858
ben eneuts
ben eneuts began at the beginning.

Device: pb632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
I did it and there’s no need to do anything. It feels like a regular upgrade. Even your books are still there.

I’m unsure about the dic
Hi !
Thanks for your answer ! Can you check you still have it in your dictionary list ?
Thanks a lot.
ben eneuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:23 AM   #859
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

I’ve downloaded it after the upgrade to have it available with Koreader. In fact, I didn’t had it even before the upgrade so my setup is probably different. I think that you could simply backup it before upgrade.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:15 PM   #860
InMyPocket
InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Hi !
Thanks for your answer ! Can you check you still have it in your dictionary list ?
Thanks a lot.
I haven't yet done it on my new Vivlio Touch HD plus, but I did it in the past with my TEA Touch Lux 3. The "Nouveau Littré" remained installed, I guess that it should be the same for the Touch HD.

I now use the Wiktionnaire (see my thread Wiktionary for pocketbook or Wiktionnaire pour pockebook in the french section) and I find it much better ! More than 1.5 millions entries in it and more definitions.
And it seems that the "nouveau littré" teams moved also to the Wiktionnaire: the link http://www.nouveaulittre.fr/ redirect to https://www.editions-garnier.com/le-dico which is a dictionary based on the Wiktionnaire.
InMyPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2021, 02:39 PM   #861
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Hello !
Hello,
As InMyPocket, I think you don't need to save your french dic, in my inkpad 3 it was kept.
I only got new features and didn't lost anything.

Last edited by tropoy; 02-08-2021 at 02:44 PM.
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:15 PM   #862
InMyPocket
InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Pocketbook
Hello,

If you are still worry, you can try a version of the New Littré I made from Marksimus work (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=276)

The dictionary is in the bundle of converting tools I made and posted here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=76

The bundle can be downloaded here:
https://gofile.io/d/R5Oin6
InMyPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:13 PM   #863
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: PB631, PB741, PB840
I just got my hands on a PB741, and while the device wants to update itself, there is nothing on the PB support website at this moment.
If anyone is interested, I managed to get this URL :
http://fwupdate.pocketbook-int.com/u...a/SWUPDATE.BIN
The notes are "Fixed several minor bugs", no more details.
m4mmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:46 PM   #864
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Just for you information, at the time I wrote the previous message, the linked firmware was 6.3.468. I just noticed today, but soon after my post version was bumped to 6.3.495, exact same link. I have no details about the changes, I guess various bug fixes. There is still nothing to download on the support web page.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:49 AM   #865
ploum
Zealot

Enabled wifi yesterday night on my Vivlio flashed with Pocketbook firmware. Received an upgrade request. Accepted it. My PB is back to the Vivlio firmware ! :-(
Old 03-20-2021, 06:34 AM   #866
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Enabled wifi yesterday night on my Vivlio flashed with Pocketbook firmware. Received an upgrade request. Accepted it. My PB is back to the Vivlio firmware ! :-(
It's interresting...
I think there is as indicator in the Inkpad to know if i't a "french" version.
You"ll need to inactivate the automatic updates ans re apply the .bin file.
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:02 PM   #867
m4mmon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropoy View Post
It's interresting...
I think there is as indicator in the Inkpad to know if i't a "french" version.
You"ll need to inactivate the automatic updates ans re apply the .bin file.
I know for a fact that with 626 models, a portion of the serial number was used to determine which set of manuals, bootlogos, offlogos etc. were installed when updating firmware, but nothing more. With YT...00W... you would get international stuff, and with YT...00M..., a restricted set with only french resources. But nothing more, and that's why one could turn his vivlio/tea/etc. branded device into a pocketbook one.

So maybe now they included branded stuff inside firmware updates, or more likely, they serve firmware updates depending on the serial number? (for that last point, the device sends some information to pb when checking for OTAs).
Old 03-21-2021, 03:20 PM   #868
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
The serial number is connected to a specific shop. Pocketbook service can change that, if you ask.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:40 PM   #869
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is the Inkpad X ever going to get a version 6 firmware update or is it done?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:10 AM   #870
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is the Inkpad X ever going to get a version 6 firmware update or is it done?
I don't own it but In the Pocketbook site there is the 6.1.1218 firmware.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote