Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-31-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx / Kindle 1 / ebookwise 1150 / Kindle Fire / Kindle Paperwhite
Book cover display problem

I own an original Kindle Fire. Today when I opened my Book directory about half of the books listed are just a blank square with no image with "new" in an orange banner in one corner.

Most of these books are not new and consist of both Amazon purchases and sideloaded books.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to get the cover images back? I've tried searching both Mobileread and Google but didn't find an answer.

On an unrelated note - recently when I've tried to sideload a book it either doesn't show up at all or it ends up in Docs. There was some setting in calibre to change in order to make the book go to 'Books' not 'Docs' but I can't remember what it was. Can anyone tell me what that was?
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:10 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Sideloaded books always go to docs on the fire.
Best advice on the other is restart the fire.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
KindleMama
KindleMama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
You can re-convert the books in Calibre and remove the "PDOC" tag so that they will show up in the books tab.
KindleMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:06 AM   #4
Millimole
Millimole began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
I own an original Kindle Fire. Today when I opened my Book directory about half of the books listed are just a blank square with no image with "new" in an orange banner in one corner.

Most of these books are not new and consist of both Amazon purchases and sideloaded books.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to get the cover images back? I've tried searching both Mobileread and Google but didn't find an answer.

was?

This has happened to me in the last few day too. The current book I'm reading has a cover, but the others are blank. Restarting the Fire has no effect.
I'm starting to wonder if it's an issue at the Amazon end of the process.

Sent from my brain to my iPad using my fingers and Tapatalk
Millimole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:02 PM   #5
Millimole
Millimole began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen
Book cover display problem

Replying to my own post- I've solved the book cover display problem.
In settings > apps & games > manage all applications > all apps
First find the Kindle app - clear the data. Wait. Stop the app.
When you can go back one step
Find the app called com.amazon.kindle.otter.settings - clear the data. Wait. Stop the app.
I then found my book covers back to normal with no loss of data.
Good luck!

Sent from my brain to my iPad using my fingers and Tapatalk
Millimole is offline   Reply With Quote