Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2019, 11:45 AM   #1
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Angry help with my bricked H2o2 v1

I applied successfully the latest completed patches to my Libra, but when I used the same koboroot file on the H2o2 v1, as I did successfully with the earlier version of the patches for 4.18, I had a problem: the moving 3 dots without cease.

I tried a very long press to stop it, which it did (with the most recent state of the 3 dots), but when I restarted the reader the 3 moving dots started again.

The 3rd time I tried, there was a grey see-through horizontal bar above the dots (same width), and when I restarted I had a black screen with a drawing of the reader with an exclamation point in a triangle above a rectangle with a round arrow.

Any idea how I can get out of that? The reader's two years guarantee fell 2 months ago.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That sort of sounds like the factory reset prompt screen. This comes up of you have rebooted a few times (can never remember how many times is needed) and nickel has not been started successfully. But, it should have a question and buttons to press to continue or do the reset.

If there are buttons showing, you will probably need to do a manual factory reset. The instructions are at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...ing_squares.22.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2019, 03:31 AM   #3
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have no idea why I thought H2o2, while it was the Forma - but I did use the right update file. In any case this morning, pressing something like 2 minutes on the button worked. Thank you very much.

This all means it is not a good idea to do that kind of thing just before rushing off (to the Opera - Don Carlo, wonderful).
Old 11-12-2019, 04:02 PM   #4
anacreon
Guru

Dropbox

So I did a factory reset and spent most of the day applying the patches, updating parameters and loading my 4200 books on the Forma. I was surprised to see a new Dropbox line in the home page menu and in the accounts parameters.

Is it new since 4.18 and I didn't notice since I'm mostly reading on the Libra (which doesn't have it) nowadays?

I'll have to look into it and see what it can add to Calibre + Pocket.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:25 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
So I did a factory reset and spent most of the day applying the patches, updating parameters and loading my 4200 books on the Forma. I was surprised to see a new Dropbox line in the home page menu and in the accounts parameters.

Is it new since 4.18 and I didn't notice since I'm mostly reading on the Libra (which doesn't have it) nowadays?
Dropbox support was added in the 4.18.x update. But, it is only available on the Forma. There have been several discussions about how it works.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert