Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2019, 03:01 PM   #46
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If it had a IR touch screen Black Paint might be OK but blocking IR invisible light with paint in wrong place stops touch screen sensing a touch. For me IR touch screen with my dry fingers always respond to a touch and capacitance or resistance touch screen seldom responds.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #47
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lytich View Post
- For the benzen i have cracked a little, a litle dirty, but i have paint it with black, like new for benzen, but touch still not work, alway appear diagbox:"Water on your screen".
What did you paint? Can you take a picture?

The shiny part of the front bezel must not be painted over, that's IR optics.

The bezel itself must be aligned perfectly (it has little notches that sink into the PCB for this purpose)
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:13 AM   #48
lytich
lytich began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
If it had a IR touch screen Black Paint might be OK but blocking IR invisible light with paint in wrong place stops touch screen sensing a touch. For me IR touch screen with my dry fingers always respond to a touch and capacitance or resistance touch screen seldom responds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
What did you paint? Can you take a picture?

The shiny part of the front bezel must not be painted over, that's IR optics.

The bezel itself must be aligned perfectly (it has little notches that sink into the PCB for this purpose)
Thanks for your reply, i'm just paint inside side of benzen, i send to you some image, please help me.

Last edited by issybird; 06-03-2021 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Insanely large images in old post.
lytich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:19 AM   #49
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
https://uphinh.org/images/2019/09/06...906_095948.jpg

so, this whole part is for the IR touch function. if you painted over this part ... you have to find a way to remove the paint entirely, without harming the plastic in anyway. it'll probably be hard/impossible to salvage...

or find a replacement part (buy broken H2O off ebay or sth)

if this part is sold anywhere then I'm not aware of it

Last edited by frostschutz; 09-06-2019 at 12:25 AM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:10 AM   #50
lytich
lytich began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
https://uphinh.org/images/2019/09/06...906_095948.jpg

so, this whole part is for the IR touch function. if you painted over this part ... you have to find a way to remove the paint entirely, without harming the plastic in anyway. it'll probably be hard/impossible to salvage...

or find a replacement part (buy broken H2O off ebay or sth)

if this part is sold anywhere then I'm not aware of it
Thanks for your reply.

- So that i need to remove pain for 2 side left and right of benzen, right?
lytich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:30 AM   #51
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
You’re going to want to put those pictures under a spoiler or resize them before a mod removes them
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:17 AM   #52
mic85rm
mic85rm began at the beginning.

Device: aura h2o
hi i change screen of my kobo but now it doesnt boot. i think new screen is working because it becomes white then black and then white. any suggestions?
mic85rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:58 PM   #53
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic85rm View Post
hi i change screen of my kobo but now it doesnt boot. i think new screen is working because it becomes white then black and then white. any suggestions?
The first thing is to make sure everything is seated correctly. I know I got something like this when I didn't push the SD card in enough.

Then you do a manual factory reset. Follow the last method on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Aura_H2O.

After that, you can try restoring an image.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote