Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
nat_l
nat_l began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Email to Kindle only works on work wifi but not on home wifi?

Hi,

When using Calibre to send a book to my kindle using the send-to-kindle email, it only works on my work wifi. When I'm at home, it doesn't work at all. Does anyone know why this might be happening?
nat_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_l View Post
Hi,

When using Calibre to send a book to my kindle using the send-to-kindle email, it only works on my work wifi. When I'm at home, it doesn't work at all. Does anyone know why this might be happening?
Can you send e-mail (normal) from that laptop when home? Your network setting (configuration) might have changed to Public for your home network. Just set it to 'trusted'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:59 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what does does not work mean? do you get an error? if so what error? And have you followed the steps at: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:11 AM   #4
nat_l
nat_l began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I can send an email, but not through Calibre, if that's what you're asking. When I say it doesn't work, I mean that it doesn't send the email. I don't seem to get an error message. If I look at the jobs log I only see that the job is taking a long time. At work I don't have this problem and I get the email sent notification immediately. I am using Calibre on a macbook and the only setup I have done is enter my email and kindle email into the prompt when I first downloaded Calibre.
nat_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I forgot to ask. I *assumed*
Is this the SAME computer ? ( again, assumed it was a laptop )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
A lot of home network IP addresses are included in SPAM lists. Often the entire block of addresses offered by an ISP is blocked.

The only good way around this is to send the email through a large mail provider like gmail or GMX. As kovid said, see the FAQ I cannot send emails using calibre?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote