Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #31
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
DO NOT buy one of these! The Via ARM implementation is AWFUL, and it is NOT a 600MHz CPU, but a 350 MHz(overclocked the via 8505 is rated @ 300MHz) AND these things are RAPIDLY being supercede by Rockchip 2808A based tablets, Telechips based tablet, and MORE IMPORTANTLY and MORE upgradeable Cortex A8 based tablets.

So, sure if you get one for $50 or less shipped they're a semi-decent deal if you're not expecting much, but otherwise expect to be grossly disappointed...

just go and browse slatedroid.com's forums when they're back up...

[EDIT] This IS posted about 3m after the original buyers, so take that in context as well...
[/EDIT]

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 07-25-2010 at 11:50 PM.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:21 AM   #32
rty
Zealot
rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle DXG, Kindle Paperwhite
To minimize my disappointments, I use it strictly as a bedtime e-reader.

Spoiler:

rty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #33
JWM
JWM began at the beginning.

Device: Eken M001
I have a Eken M001 and have been pleased for the most part. The WiFi does not have the range of my other wireless devices. Anyone have a suggestions.
JWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:46 AM   #34
denclock
denclock began at the beginning.

Device: Libre Pro/ Jetbook, 9" Pandigital Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
I think it reads books just fine, but the main problem is the battery life is not good, better with wifi off, but still not good. If you don't mind charging it a lot, I've seen these selling on eBay for as low as $49 (without shipping). You might want to look into the aPad iRobot which has better performance and a better battery. It is slightly more expensive but I've seen them go as low as $130 on eBay. The aPad is a dual core processor with I believe a 3000mAH battery? Don't hold me on that though, going from memory.
I have had trouble finding a place to purchase this item, that isn't ebay, is there a corporate website for the Apad Irobot?
denclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:21 AM   #35
Dewi
Dewi began at the beginning.

Device: EKEN M001
AKEN M001 - App Store Missing after firmware upgrade

I bought this unit as a cheap and cheerful colour reader for flights and hotels, well until the WeTab is available.
Wasn't expecting €400 performance and didn't get it, however the firmware upgrade fixed most of the issues (WiFi, display turn etc.) but it seems the App Store icon has gone walkies.
Is there anyone who knows how to get it back or where I can get the Kindle for Android app without going to the App Store?
As a browser reader its now reasonably acceptable.
Thanks for your patience.
Dewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 05:02 AM   #36
Corpbob
Corpbob began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
I had Eken m001 and it worked for about 15 seconds. Luckily the Hong Kong seller on Ebay gave me a refund.
Corpbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #37
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
I bought this unit as a cheap and cheerful colour reader for flights and hotels, well until the WeTab is available.
Wasn't expecting €400 performance and didn't get it, however the firmware upgrade fixed most of the issues (WiFi, display turn etc.) but it seems the App Store icon has gone walkies.
Is there anyone who knows how to get it back or where I can get the Kindle for Android app without going to the App Store?
As a browser reader its now reasonably acceptable.
Thanks for your patience.
pm nate the great. i believe he has the apk's for kindle, b&n, kobo and borders
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #38
jalandar
Connoisseur
jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Asus TF300T
I am sure, since the apps are all free from the market, that redistributing them won't cause a problem. So I've uploaded them to mediafire for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7bar6swirwoo0

It has the latest Kindle, Nook, Borders, Kobo, and fictionwise ereaders, as well as a few free ereaders that I usually install, including Aldiko, iReader (Free version), Wordplayer, FBReaderJ and Laputa. Which ones you use is of course up to you.
jalandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #39
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Thanks! I needed these and was having a heck of time getting some of these readers without access to Google Market. Sent Karma your way!

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #40
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Thanks so much for uploading these apps! I've been looking all over for a way to get the Kindle app on my tablet, so this is much appreciated.

Last edited by KarenH; 09-11-2010 at 03:42 PM.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #41
batmana
batmana began at the beginning.

Device: EKEN M001
Hello. I have a problem with my EKEN M001. The gravity sensor doesn't work. At first I assumed the accelerometer is broken but then I read the original post where it said Android has a similar issue. Can anyone please tell me what to do? I got mine via ebay and I sincerely hope it is OK and in need of just a minor tweak. Thanks in advance.
batmana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:52 AM   #42
DonX
DonX began at the beginning.

Device: Eken m001
1.7.2 firmware upate Problem !

Hello
I made firmware update: to sd card "scrip" folder 1.7.2 firmware. Now the installer says:" Prepare update files...
Waiting mount sd card sec
No upgrade package, exit "

Now only scanner bar down will blink...

Reboot sd card removal:
Android robot, scanning bar
1.6 version
kernel 2.6.29
wmt skd 1.7.1

Nothing else happens, my pad is death now !

Please help me to get my Eken m001 working again.
DonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:14 AM   #43
DonX
DonX began at the beginning.

Device: Eken m001
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonX View Post
Hello
I made firmware update: to sd card "scrip" folder 1.7.2 firmware. Now the installer says:" Prepare update files...
Waiting mount sd card sec
No upgrade package, exit "

Now only scanner bar down will blink...

Reboot sd card removal:
Android robot, scanning bar
1.6 version
kernel 2.6.29
wmt skd 1.7.1

Nothing else happens, my pad is death now !

Please help me to get my Eken m001 working again.
Solution:
Use http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
Now it work again 'n newest firmaware from http://www.ekengroup.com/en/products/index.asp?bid=2
DonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #44
Eneco
Eneco began at the beginning.

Device: Eken M001
I just brought one from eBay because I was interested in testing one out. I wasn't put of by the "it is a piece of junk" reviews. Got mine at $75 AUD cheaper than others I have seen on eBay ($100 - $300) This is the only reveiw that I think is worth reading. I mainly want mine to have a decent internet connection (WiFi) and and decent hand-held gaming. I have never used android but I like trying new O.S's I haven't tried before. I'll think of mine as a bigger-screened mobile. (I don't use my mobile for calling or texting). I mainly mod hack, games etc. As long as it lasts more than six months I guess I'll be happy. I normally keep my laptop, phone and everything else pugged in 24/7 so the battery doesn't annoy me at all. The only con you said that annoys me is the sound. Other than that... I only signed up for this site to reply.

'._-Eneco-_.'
Eneco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:37 AM   #45
jalandar
Connoisseur
jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Asus TF300T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eneco View Post
I mainly want mine to have a decent internet connection (WiFi) and and decent hand-held gaming.
Hi Eneco.

I wouldn't expect much in the way of handheld gaming on this device.

The lack of a dedicated DSP makes it nearly impossible for anything beyond games like Solitaire and Sudoku or the like that don't attempt to utilize any fluid video/3d functions.

If you're looking for a device that is cheap and can handle the android games, I'd look at the 8th Gen Archos, but you will be looking at 2-3x the price you paid for the eken.
jalandar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, eken, m001, mid, tablet