Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #16
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What exactly did you do? If you update the cover in calibre and resend the book, the cover should get changed. But, with 2.4.0, sometimes it didn't if the book was on the home page. Powering off and on would reload the latest cover.
Looks like I was able to fix it.
  1. Remove the book from the device using calibre.
  2. Unplug and turn off the Glo.
  3. Turn the device on.
  4. Remove the book from calibre and add it back in again.
  5. Plug and side load the book again into Glo again.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
Looks like I was able to fix it.
  1. Remove the book from the device using calibre.
  2. Unplug and turn off the Glo.
  3. Turn the device on.
  4. Remove the book from calibre and add it back in again.
  5. Plug and side load the book again into Glo again.
I'm pretty sure that removing the book from the calibre library wasn't needed.

What version of calibre are you using?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #18
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm pretty sure that removing the book from the calibre library wasn't needed.

What version of calibre are you using?
0.9.27 - Should be the latest version.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #19
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi friends !

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french... is there something new in firmware 2.5 about :

- "night mode" (i mean white text on dark background) ?

- the possibilty to reduce the brightness under the default limit (i find that the kobo glo is too bright when i read in a totally dark room and and i'd like to go under the factory limit, the best way is to have the choice between 0% and 100% power for leds) ?
These are the two features I REALLY REALLY want to see added, if anyone from Kobo is listening. Although just one or the other would solve the problem.

I've managed to implement my own 'night mode' for books with custom css, but that requires two copies of each book on the device.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Thanks to davidfor for keeping Calibre up to date with the device!

I'm interested in hearing more about which bugs were fixed in 2.5.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #21
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
Looks like there is an update available tonight for 2.5.

I plugged my device into my PC and used the Kobo Desktop to get the update.

Improvements:
1) Read fixed layout EPUBs
2) Experience our improved Bookstore
3) Benefit from bug fixes.
getting upgrade file as we speak for kobo glo. Location Niagara Falls Canada if its location based distribution
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #22
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Probably not location based. I'm way over in Alberta and have update.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #23
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
It is nice to see a new update; I don't think it's been massively long since the last one. Always nice to see releases that are fairly frequent, but long enough to make you think they've been worked on carefully. Thanks Kobo.

Any sign of a series sort?
*hopeful*
Or at least, series sorting at all somewhere?
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #24
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I wonder if this will be only for the glo or will the mini and touch get it too.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #25
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
All devices.... My Touch received it earlier today.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #26
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks Peter.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #27
RZetlin
Addict

I spoke too soon, looks like cailbre cannot update the cover page with the 2.5 software.

For example:
If I had a book called ABC Vol.2 and changed the cover page, the change won't be reflected the device.

If I renamed the book ABC Volume 2, the cover page does change.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #28
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi. For those that have 2.5 I think the rest of us would love to know if any of the bugs in this forum listed for version 2.4 have been fixed. Can you please feedback e.g.

Is italicised text now displaying properly in kobo nickel and other fonts?
Is bookmarking fully fixed i.e. in every instance will it always go back to the exact page you were reading?
For the touch and "glo" (where it is supposed to be a "feature"), does the screen no longer go into sleep mode 30-60 seconds after switching on if you don't touch the screen?

Etc. Etc.

Thank you
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #29
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
All devices.... My Touch received it earlier today.
same here, Mini in the UK
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #30
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
Is italicised text now displaying properly in kobo nickel and other fonts?
Is bookmarking fully fixed i.e. in every instance will it always go back to the exact page you were reading?
For the touch and "glo" (where it is supposed to be a "feature"), does the screen no longer go into sleep mode 30-60 seconds after switching on if you don't touch the screen?
In quick testing- Nickel shows properly in kepubs, but bolds in Gutenberg epub I tested..
Since the bookmarking issue was fixed in most cases with last firmware, I don't specifically know if I have one to test, so I can''t help there.
The fast sleep issue is fixed.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote