Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
drewjarvis
drewjarvis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo software doesnt show all library

The Kobo software on windows 7 is only showing 6 of my books, 5 of the free ones and 1 purchase. I have 100 free and 1 purchase. Am I missing a setting to display all books that are on my kobo?

Thanks

Drew
drewjarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewjarvis View Post
The Kobo software on windows 7 is only showing 6 of my books, 5 of the free ones and 1 purchase. I have 100 free and 1 purchase. Am I missing a setting to display all books that are on my kobo?
Drew
Are you sure you are not in "I'm reading" mode?
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
The full 100 free books have never shown on the Kobo software - there are only ever 5 of those that are visible on the Kobo desktop application.
The free books show up on your Kobo but only if you have the DISPLAY setting set to show ALL books or show PRE LOADED (free) books. If you choose MY books only your purchased books are visible.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewjarvis View Post
Yup, that's correct. The kobo device comes with 100 free books. The desktop application on your computer comes with 5 free books. As the sync is only one-way (desktop to kobo), you'll never see the 100 on your desktop.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Is it possible to remove the five free books that show up in the desktop app?
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #6
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Is it possible to remove the five free books that show up in the desktop app?
Yup, but it requires some fiddling with the app. The application directories should have 2 copies of Kobo.sqlite - one is the default with the 5 free books, and the other is your live database. Rename or move both out of the way and the application will start with a blank database and then re-update your library with just your purchases.

On my Mac the paths are:
/Applications/Borders Desktop.app/Kobo/Kobo.sqlite (default)

/Users/jkarp/Library/Application Support/Borders Desktop/Borders Desktop Desktop Edition/Kobo.sqlite (live)
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #7
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Thanks 3d0g, I'll give it a try.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
leighisme
Connoisseur
leighisme began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
Yup, but it requires some fiddling with the app. The application directories should have 2 copies of Kobo.sqlite - one is the default with the 5 free books, and the other is your live database. Rename or move both out of the way and the application will start with a blank database and then re-update your library with just your purchases.

On my Mac the paths are:
/Applications/Borders Desktop.app/Kobo/Kobo.sqlite (default)

/Users/jkarp/Library/Application Support/Borders Desktop/Borders Desktop Desktop Edition/Kobo.sqlite (live)
3d0g, if you don't mind me asking, but how do you find the kobo sqlite on a Mac - I'm afraid I don't know much about the finer computer stuff. I'd like to get rid of the free stuff on the desktop too, but I'm not sure how.

Thanks.
leighisme is offline   Reply With Quote