Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Angry Someone please shoot me.....

In addtion to the paint on my new reader (number three) pulling up again, it's doing a werid beeping thing and locking up. When I put on the charger it beeps and flashes red, if I reset it the device will beep and the red light stays on. I do have the lastest firmware, and it is fully charged, although the charges are only lasting around 5 hours... so my second replacement read is having more problems than the first one

1- Paint problems
2- won't hold a charge
3- locks up in the middle of reading
4- sometimes sends me back to the book selection page after loading
5- drag and drop is taking FOREVER for one book I waited nearly two hours.

I have the lastest firmware, the battery has been charged to full twice.... Any advise? Robert?
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Yes, let us solve this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
In addtion to the paint on my new reader (number three) pulling up again, it's doing a werid beeping thing and locking up. When I put on the charger it beeps and flashes red, if I reset it the device will beep and the red light stays on. I do have the lastest firmware, and it is fully charged, although the charges are only lasting around 5 hours... so my second replacement read is having more problems than the first one

1- Paint problems
2- won't hold a charge
3- locks up in the middle of reading
4- sometimes sends me back to the book selection page after loading
5- drag and drop is taking FOREVER for one book I waited nearly two hours.

I have the lastest firmware, the battery has been charged to full twice.... Any advise? Robert?
Dear Nimblem:

Something sure does not sound right at all. I am not a tech... so I know you need to give our people a call. Let us get to the bottom of this. I admit we have a tech in Asia for training right now but this is good. You can call and talk to the PM and he does the tech work. He is incredibly smart on questions like this and WILL take care of you. I am interested in what gets done to solve all of this. I would send an EMAIL to: support@astak.com with your phone number and let him go through this with you completely.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

I just swaped out the battery in the PP to see if it's a battery issuse or a device problem... I will let you know how it goes tmrw
Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
nimblem
Addict

So the replacement battery has taken care of most of the problems aside from the drag and drop taking forever. Perhaps my SD card... what is the highest class card the reader can handle I may need to buy a new one
Old 04-29-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
What are you drag'n'dropping? Most books are so small, even the slowest transfer should be quick.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
So the replacement battery has taken care of most of the problems aside from the drag and drop taking forever. Perhaps my SD card... what is the highest class card the reader can handle I may need to buy a new one
If you believe the documentation: Class 4

Class is supposed to be compatible with lower rated equipment and adjust itself down class.
supposed to be! There is also not supposed to be power problems caused by functional cards. We hear different on these boards.

I use a 4 G Class 6 card (Patriot brand), no problems.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
nimblem
Addict

It's a class two 16gb card... should I swap it out for a new one? What class?