Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Anyone using an M-Edge cover?

Although M-Edge doesn't make a cover specifically for the Jetbook or Aluratek Libre, they do make covers that fit the Sony Pocket Edition (PRS-300). The Jetbook and Libre are 1/4" taller than the Pocket Edition, but the same width and about the same thickness. Does anyone have one of these covers on their Jetbook or Libre, and if so, how does it fit? I know the Jetbook Lite wouldn't work because of its protruding battery cover. I am interested in the Go! and Executive jackets.

http://buymedge-px.rtrk.com/products/prs300/
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
scarab1
scarab1 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm PDAs, ectaco jetBook, Nook Color
I just got the m-Edge Go for my jetBook and the fit is fine. Looks nice too.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Steve
scarab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
jjm6383
Enthusiast
jjm6383 is on a distinguished road

Device: Pandigital Nova, Aluratek Libre Pro, Dell Axim x51v
I purchased and use an Medge Platform Jacket for my Aluratek Libre Pro. I like it a lot. There is an edge on the left side of the Jacket that I've found to be perfect for resting my thumb and then using the slider.
jjm6383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:37 PM   #4
lisajjb
Enthusiast
lisajjb began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy 10"
M-Edge has all their covers for Sony Pocket Reader on clearance. Most are $15.99, quite the discount from last time I looked at them.
lisajjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Can you give us an idea of the weight of the cover? I had the Kindle 3 in my hands for awhile, and the cover doubled the weight of the device. Thanks.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
My Go! Jacket weighs 4 ounces by my postal scale.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
4 ounces is not bad at all. I'm looking at the Platform Jacket, and the eLuminator light.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I can't comment on the covers but I and others have had problems with M-Edge. They have a reputation for advertising items though out of of stock then sitting on your money for extended periods of time before refunding ot. They also are slow about responding to emails, if they respond at all. Use caution when doing business with them.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #9
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
I have the platform m-edge cover and using my kitchen scales it weighs 7.25 ounces. The eluminator-2 light weighs 1.25 ounces, so about 8.5 ounces total.

It is a sturdy, classy looking cover I have to say. Few months ago even with a discount coupon it cost me slightly over $50 for both. Now you can buy both for $29 before shipping. I think its a great deal if you need the eluminator. I have to say the eluminator goes well with the case, but as for lighting, I much prefer the xtraflex2 lights which I was able to get at Radioshack recently for 10 dollars- much better screen coverage. If you are not having to bring your ereader out travelling much, I don't think you need to spring for the eluminator.

When I saw this deal, I went ahead and bought another platform jacket. I don't have a second Libre yet, but I am hoping the price on that may drop lower still closer to Thanksgiving.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote