Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
prawn2
prawn2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Save notes / bookmarks / highlights

Hi all,
This is my first day on here, just joined.

I am using Calibre with a Kindle Fire. Have only had Calibre for a few weeks but already find it excellent.
My question is:
When I have read a book and want to move it off my Kindle can I save it in Calibre in such a way that saves bookmarks/notes/and highlights? i.e. in such a way that if I load the book back onto the Kindle from Calibre that it will have retained the bookmarks etc.?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated,

Prawn2
prawn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by prawn2 View Post
Hi all,
This is my first day on here, just joined.

I am using Calibre with a Kindle Fire. Have only had Calibre for a few weeks but already find it excellent.
My question is:
When I have read a book and want to move it off my Kindle can I save it in Calibre in such a way that saves bookmarks/notes/and highlights? i.e. in such a way that if I load the book back onto the Kindle from Calibre that it will have retained the bookmarks etc.?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated,

Prawn2
The "HowTo" prefix you used on this new thread title is reserved for "HowTo" guides in the Kindle Developer's Corner forum where you posted this. It is not for "how can I?" questions like you ask here.

This forum is dedicated to eink kindles. There are separate forums for both the Kindle Fire, and for Calibre. You should post to one of those forums (unless you already cross-posted here and there, which is a bad thing to do).

EDIT: I see that it has been moved now, and the incorrect thread prefix removed. Thanks pdurrant.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-13-2013 at 10:26 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice

Moved to Kindle Fire forum
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Actually I think he get better answers in the Calibre Forums. Since he wants to Remove ebooks SAVE to Calibre With all notes! Not a Fire problem or Question.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote