Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
dianepsmith
dianepsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Public Library books

I would like to be able to access my public libraries books. And I know that my library supports B&N Nook. What I don't know is how to install the apps (?) which I think is Adobe Digital Editions.
I would appreciate any advice on this.
Thanks,
Diane
Toronto
dianepsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianepsmith View Post
I would like to be able to access my public libraries books. And I know that my library supports B&N Nook. What I don't know is how to install the apps (?) which I think is Adobe Digital Editions.
I would appreciate any advice on this.
Thanks,
Diane
Toronto
The process is fairly simple:

* download and install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)
* when you launch ADE, register it (you may need to create a new account)
* connect your nook color to the PC while ADE is running, it should prompt you if you want to register this device, just follow the steps
* after you're done, you can go to your library website and download a book, you will get a link that you open in ADE (it should be automatic, just double click on the downloaded file)
* once the book is in ADE, you can then transfer to your nookcolor
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
Bobioden
Connoisseur
Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iPad rMini
I went to my Library Website, found a book to download and the link for the Adobe Digital Editions was right there. It asked me to install it before I downloaded the book. Very simple.
Bobioden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
dianepsmith

Thanks for the replies.
Do I install ADE on my computer first? Or can I install it directly onto the Nook?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
On your computer. Once you download the book you will sideload it onto your nook.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
dianepsmith

Thanks, did it and it worked!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
dianepsmith

Kobo to Nook

Is there anyway of downloading directly onto the Nook from the Kobo site?
Thanks,
Old 03-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #8
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianepsmith View Post
Is there anyway of downloading directly onto the Nook from the Kobo site?
Thanks,
I don't know about the Kobo site, but if you are rooted, you can install the Overdrive app from the Android Market. The Overdrive app lets you download books direct from your public library (if it is on the overdrive ebook system); and if Kobo uses Overdrive, I'm sure it would work for that too!
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kobo uses ADE but not Overdrive. I think you have to sideload those; at least, you do for the nook classic.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
dianepsmith

How do I get the overdrive App installed on my Nook?
When I check out the Overdrive site I can see a list of places it can be downloaded to, I can not see on that list a Nook?

Help again would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Last edited by dianepsmith; 03-11-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #11
Joykins
Wizard

You need to root your nook color to get the app. Is it rooted?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #12
dianepsmith

no it's not rooted. How do I do that?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
The best way to find out about rooting the NC, in my opinion, is to read the threads in the Developer Corner. There is lots of good information to be had there.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #14
Joykins
Wizard

http://www.nookdevs.com/Portal:NookColor
Old 03-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #15
dianepsmith

Thanks for your help.