Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-07-2017, 07:44 AM   #1291
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
At first I use the Update Metadata to set the books as unread, and reconnect to Calibre.
I also tried from the device with the same result.
You used the "Update metadata in device library option"? Did you use the "Reset reading position" option? If you didn't, that explains what happens. When you reopened the book, it uses the stored reading position even if the book was marked as unread or finished by the plugin. The plugin deliberately doesn't clear the reading position unless you ask as it allows you to open a book to a spot, then mark it book as finished but reopen there later. I've done that so I can open a book I have finished to a map or something. And because I don't want to finish reading something but want to move it off the unread and reading lists.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #1292
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo
I used "Update metadata in device library option" with "Reset reading position", I also did a another test now and it didn't remove the old percentage.

Last edited by oren64; 05-07-2017 at 11:44 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:47 AM   #1293
itsmir
itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo Glo
SSL error on check for firmware updates.

Hello,

I use the Kobo Utilities plugin for firmware updates and it's always worked perfectly. However today when checking for updates it gives the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 2.85.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>URLError</b>:<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)>

calibre 2.85.1 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 3) && Kobo Utilities (2, 5, 2) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && Count Pages (1, 7, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 993, in menu_firmware_update_check
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1047, in auto_firmware_update_check
  File "urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
  File "urllib2.py", line 431, in open
  File "urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
  File "urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
  File "urllib2.py", line 1240, in https_open
  File "urllib2.py", line 1197, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)>
Can you help??

Many Thanks!
itsmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #1294
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
A certificate error usually means a missing root certificate. One of the versions of the problem can be fixed by visiting the site with IE. In this case, the site https://api.kobobooks.com/1.0/Upgrad...613b0000000000. It can be because of a missing Windows update. Otherwise, google will find the fix for you.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo