Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-30-2021, 10:16 AM   #1
david_cj
david_cj began at the beginning.

Device: Nook glowlight 3
E-ink devices for data logging

Hello - I need a hand held device I can use to log attendance at outdoor events - LCD screens are too dim in bright sunlight. Is there an ebook reader that can handle Google sheets OK? I'm looking at the Onyx series which claim Android compatibility.
Thanks - David
david_cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:31 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_cj View Post
Hello - I need a hand held device I can use to log attendance at outdoor events - LCD screens are too dim in bright sunlight. Is there an ebook reader that can handle Google sheets OK? I'm looking at the Onyx series which claim Android compatibility.
Thanks - David
Boox devices are not suitable for outdoors, as they are not waterproof.
Waterproof Android devices are Tolino Vision 3/4/5 and Epos 2 with Android 4.4.2 and Vision 6 with Android 8.1.
For Android 8.1 and firmware version 15.2.0 there is no possibility to install additional apps - for the delivered firmware 15.0 there is.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2021, 02:08 PM   #3
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Boox devices are not suitable for outdoors, as they are not waterproof.
Ok, well, there's waterproof and WATERPROOF. Are we talking about SCUBA diving with a device? Most ANY device can be used outside. A bit of rain, just rub it off with your sleeve.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:25 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Ok, well, there's waterproof and WATERPROOF. Are we talking about SCUBA diving with a device? Most ANY device can be used outside. A bit of rain, just rub it off with your sleeve.
I would not use a Boox device for permanent outdoor mounting.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:57 AM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I would not use a Boox device for permanent outdoor mounting.
I didn't see anything about mounting. I thought we were talking about handheld, Google Sheets and someone tallying people with pom-pom hats.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert