Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-03-2021, 11:10 PM   #1
Huskey
Huskey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Image Conversion from .odt to .epub

I have a book written in .odt (LibreOffice) with a .png image on the third page. When I load the file in Calibre for conversion to .epub both the cover and third page feature the .png image. When I tell Calibre to change the cover it does this but places the cover also on page 3 and the .png image has disappeared.

What do I do wrong? Any help is appreciated.
Huskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The first image in an odt file is assumed to be the cover. Simply place an actual cover image on the first page before conversion.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:53 PM   #3
Huskey
Huskey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@kovidgoyal
It worked but the only problem is that the cover now appears twice in the .epub output. The image on page 3 is fine.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong. Many thanks.
Huskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:26 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.epub, .odt, conversion, images