Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Micro Boot Loader v1.3

Just curious, has anyone updated to the latest device software from the knowledge base? I downloaded it and unzip the "update" folder into my "System" folder. I was prompted that it found a new update and to restart the reader to install.

Before the update, my Micro Boot Loader was on version 1.2. Now, it's version 1.3.

After update:

micro_bootloader=1.3
micro_application=1.3

No noticeable changes. I do see a slice improvement on the touch screen respond. Not sure if it's just me or that's the case.

You can check your Micro Boot Loader version on Device Information screen.
OrcaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
The difference between v1.2 and v1.3 of the micro code is very minor and would not be noticable to the end-user.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thanks, Matthijs. It's good to know. I can't wait for the new firmware upgrade in April.

Last edited by OrcaBlue; 03-06-2010 at 02:36 PM.
OrcaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote