Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #2356
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Wow Butcher's been working out! LOL!

Has he dropped the name (and possible release date) of his steampunk series as yet?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #2357
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post

Has he dropped the name (and possible release date) of his steampunk series as yet?
I've never before seen him not wearing a black t-shirt.

There's still this very short page on his web site.

Quoted from jim-butcher.com

Quote:
Cinder Spires

Jim’s next project is a Steampunk series called The Cinder Spires. He’s currently writing book 1, The Aeronaut’s Windlass. We’ll let you know when we have a release date!

Posted by priscellie at 2:58 am
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #2358
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Started my reread, but started at Grave Peril. I will probably not make before the next installment arrives, but fine. I skipped the first two, because I read them already recently.

Amazing how quickly you are drawn in again... Almost missed my trainstation this morning.

While on vacation watched the whole TV-Serie while the supervising the kids to go to sleep. I had to get a bit used to Paul Blackthorne as Harry, but I felt he really grew into the series. From the beginning I viewed the series as loosely based on the books and then it is quite a good view. The only tv character that really felt 'off' was Ancient Mai. Somehow that character didn't convince me. That being said, I think I liked the episode where they are trapped in Harry's house (Things that go bump) the best. It is a shame they stopped the serie. A serie like that are too few....

Oh well, lets view Doctor Who again before the new season starts...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #2359
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool re-reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Started my reread, but started at Grave Peril. I will probably not make before the next installment arrives, but fine. I skipped the first two, because I read them already recently.

Amazing how quickly you are drawn in again... Almost missed my trainstation this morning.

While on vacation watched the whole TV-Serie while the supervising the kids to go to sleep. I had to get a bit used to Paul Blackthorne as Harry, but I felt he really grew into the series. From the beginning I viewed the series as loosely based on the books and then it is quite a good view. The only tv character that really felt 'off' was Ancient Mai. Somehow that character didn't convince me. That being said, I think I liked the episode where they are trapped in Harry's house (Things that go bump) the best. It is a shame they stopped the serie. A serie like that are too few....

Oh well, lets view Doctor Who again before the new season starts...
Welcome to the ranks of the 'Dresden Files re-readers'!

Old 09-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #2360
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool steampunk series "The Cinder Spires"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post

...and then there was this post of mine from 07-04-2013 where he reads from the first book from The Cinder Spires series, The Aeronaut’s Windlass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Jun 18, 2013 - Jim Butcher reading from his new steampunk series "The Cinder Spires"
Advert
Old 09-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #2361
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool replys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
...DO NOT OPEN UNLESS YOU HAVE READ BLOOD RITES

Spoiler:
Yes I admit I cry every time I read the part where Harry finds out Thomas is his brother.
Yeah, I agree, there's a lot of these kind of moments scattered all through the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Will only be released here on 5th September
Which I find a bit strange since Benedict Jacka is british.
Yep, there's a lot strange stuff associated with publishers and the publishing industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
And miss the Loupgarou
...and then after that ghosts and a trip to the never never including an encounter with Lea there. Then...well...more interesting and exciting stuff!

Old 09-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #2362
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim Butcher Tus-con

This suffers from marginal sound quality and ends quite abruptly, sorry!

OOPS! I was wrong and was able to find the rest of the panel!
Quote:

Dec 23, 2010

Jim and Shannon Butcher at Tus-con 37 in Tucson AZ. The Panel is Urban Fantasy vs. Paranormal Romance.

Last edited by alansplace; 09-03-2013 at 12:25 AM. Reason: add info...
Old 09-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #2363
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thank you Alan for keeping us up to date on all the latest Dresden stuff (among other things )
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #2364
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible Daily Deal -- exp 03 Sep

Great price for the audiobook, but today only!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #2365
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible Daily Deal -- exp 03 Sep

Great price for the audiobook, but today only!

P.S. Wow! What a PITA! I've never dealt with Audible before. Maybe never again!

Last edited by alansplace; 09-03-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #2366
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Just hammered through Chosen last night. Wow. That was a gooder!
I need another fix! Lea, when's Skin Game coming out???
I'm gonna have to resort to sparkly vamps or something to get my paranormal fix soon!!!!
*Shaking* No, I haven't hit that particular level of addiction yet.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #2367
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool DragonCon 2013 - Jim Butcher Panel

Sep 3, 2013

Jim's panel at DragonCon from Sunday, September 1, 2013. The quality isn't that great as we didn't have fantastic seats (good enough to see the screen from) but we were fairly close to a speaker so the audio should be good.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #2368
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Two suggestions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Just hammered through Chosen last night. Wow. That was a gooder!
I need another fix! Lea, when's Skin Game coming out???
I'm gonna have to resort to sparkly vamps or something to get my paranormal fix soon!!!!
*Shaking* No, I haven't hit that particular level of addiction yet.
Two suggestions:

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson #7) by Patricia Briggs

Ever After (The Hollows #11) by Kim Harrison

These are the most recent novels in their respective series.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #2369
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Two suggestions:

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson #7) by Patricia Briggs

Ever After (The Hollows #11) by Kim Harrison

These are the most recent novels in their respective series.

Just bought the first Mercy Thompson book - ebook edition, and added the preorder for the paperback edition of Ever After to my cart.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #2370
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Maybe I'll try the Patricia Briggs ones.
I'm already a big fan of Kim Harrison! I'm all up to date on the Hollows already.
Thanks for the tip.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy