Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
ComicReaderMobi
ComicReaderMobi doesn't litterComicReaderMobi doesn't litterComicReaderMobi doesn't litter

Device: iPhone,Windows Mobile
Comic Reader Mobi, for the iphone and Windows Mobile

ColdSun just let me know about your forums. I never knew there was a forum dedicated to reading on your mobile devices!

Anyway, for those of you who want to read comics, I wanted to let you know about Comic Reader Mobi.
http://comicreader.mobi
Its specifically designed to work on small screens, so even on the 2.4" phone screens its still a pleasent reading experience!

Comic Reader Mobi's key feature Works by allowing you to zoom in only the text, leaving the rest of the page easy to see. No matter how small the screen, the text is always readable!

Right now its out for Windows Mobile, WinCE, and iPhone devices, and I just released the desktop version for Windows.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	32909   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	32910  

Last edited by ComicReaderMobi; 07-24-2009 at 11:49 PM.
ComicReaderMobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Welcome to MobileRead!
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:12 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Welcome, and I most certainly will let you know if I have problems (or even when it works!)

Last edited by Sweetpea; 07-23-2009 at 06:34 AM. Reason: learn to check your spelling before submitting!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:55 AM   #4
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Welcome, ComicReaderMobi.

Could you add a quick description of the purpose of your web site for the people that don't already know it ?
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:58 AM   #5
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Now, if your software could just be implemented in any of the current eInk reading devices ... the zooming of the speech bubbles is a nice idea, and I think I'll give it a try on my iPhone.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
ComicReaderMobi
ComicReaderMobi doesn't litterComicReaderMobi doesn't litterComicReaderMobi doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Welcome, and I most certainly will let you know if I have problems (or even when it works!)
Thanks! ColdSun tried it out on his WinCE 6.0 device, and we were able to get it working without to much trouble, so hopefully it'll work the same on yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Welcome, ComicReaderMobi.

Could you add a quick description of the purpose of your web site for the people that don't already know it ?
Sure thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
Now, if your software could just be implemented in any of the current eInk reading devices ... the zooming of the speech bubbles is a nice idea, and I think I'll give it a try on my iPhone.
yeah, I'm working on the blackberry and android phones next, but I wonder if any of those eink devices allow custom software? I'd love to get comic reader Mobi on them!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:02 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicReaderMobi View Post
Thanks! ColdSun tried it out on his WinCE 6.0 device, and we were able to get it working without to much trouble, so hopefully it'll work the same on yours
I installed it without problems (after finding that licencecopier tool), but there are some things that don't work as they should...

1) I can't see the first lines in the setup screen, the menu-bar is on the top instead of the bottom (and is laying about the first lines).
2) I have to fix the orientation to "Landscape", to keep it in "Portrait" mode...
3) I can't bind my buttons to the controls
4) The zooming doesn't work in full-screen mode.

Only the 4th point is annoying, the rest is I don't mind.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Zooming for me works if I double-tap the screen area I want to zoom. That is my favorite feature. The button binding also works for me.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
ComicReaderMobi

Thats really wierd, zooming should work with a single tap. If its causing your problems, I may need to increase the sensitivity when calculating tap time.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
ComicReaderMobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
4) The zooming doesn't work in full-screen mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
Zooming for me works if I double-tap the screen area I want to zoom. That is my favorite feature. The button binding also works for me.
Can you try this workaround?
Go to Settings, select "HTC Touch"
"Enable Touch Controls"
And than increase the double tap time to like 1000ms?

See if that makes tapping on the screen easier.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #11
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Welcome to MobileRead, and thanks for this cool software !
It's working really nice, and I rediscover the joy of reading comics on my iPhone ... Too bad there is no Mac OS X version of your software, I'd love using it on my MacBook !
Cheers,
David.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #12
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, and thanks for this cool software !
It's working really nice, and I rediscover the joy of reading comics on my iPhone ... Too bad there is no Mac OS X version of your software, I'd love using it on my MacBook !
Cheers,
David.
built on top of .net 2.0 it seems for windows copy anyway

try to see if it will run on mono should unless it is useing unmanaged code
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:47 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicReaderMobi View Post
Can you try this workaround?
Go to Settings, select "HTC Touch"
"Enable Touch Controls"
And than increase the double tap time to like 1000ms?

See if that makes tapping on the screen easier.
After I figured out how to enable it (it's hiding behind the menu bar...), it works
Old 07-29-2009, 03:00 AM   #14
ComicReaderMobi

Cool. So, does the menu bar just look a normal windows menu bar, or is in the style of Windows Mobile, but just at the top?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:31 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Windows Mobile look-a-like, but on the top. And there is an empty space on the bottom (where the bar would be on a windows mobile). I almost get the impression it is "disconnected" from the page and floated to the top...