Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #676
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I cracked 86kg this morning! The scale read 85.4!!! It gets better and better every day! Yippeee!!!

Stitchawl
Congratulations! I'm hovering around 72kg at the moment. I must not become complacent, but continue on to 68kg.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #677
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Congratulations! I'm hovering around 72kg at the moment. I must not become complacent, but continue on to 68kg.
You can do it if you want to. I want to reach 80kg. And I will. That will be perfect for me. Right now, I still have some 'love handles' that need to disappear, but I can finally see my abs. I really do have a 6-pack! It was just hidden all these years!

Now... if I could get my hearing back, grow a few teeth, raise the hair in my ears to the top of my head, I could be 25 again!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #678
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Hmm, started on a diet (IF, 3 times a week @500-600 kcal) in August.
Lost 10 kg so far (in 16 weeks).

But I still have quite a visible belly fat bulge and the only reason I started the diet was to get rid if that.
I'm now 79 kg and while the loss has slowed a lot (about 1kg a month lately) I will soon reach my "ideal" weight which is 76 kg but the belly is still here!
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #679
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkobo View Post
Hmm, started on a diet (IF, 3 times a week @500-600 kcal) in August.
Lost 10 kg so far (in 16 weeks).

But I still have quite a visible belly fat bulge and the only reason I started the diet was to get rid if that.
I'm now 79 kg and while the loss has slowed a lot (about 1kg a month lately) I will soon reach my "ideal" weight which is 76 kg but the belly is still here!
It takes time for fat to redistribute. But perhaps sit-ups might help?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #680
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Push-ups (press-ups?) and sit-ups every day, (you don't need a lot of 'em, but you do need them if you want to get rid of the belly,) plus walking 4-8km at least every other day with at least half of that uphill at a good clip. I started at 103kg at the end of July. I've dropped 17.6kg, can now run up 12 flights of stairs (then I collapse gasping for air with my legs on fire,) and dropped my waist size from a 40 to a 34 and still going down. Not only can I now see my toes again, I can even see my.... my... my.... ankles!

Stitchawl
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #681
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, you're both right, I should exercise.
But I think there must have been a sloth in my ancestry as I really do not like to exercise (which is why reading is my #1 hobby).

Though running up 12 flights of stairs is a bit extreme even though seeing my ankles is an alluring prospect.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #682
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Yeah, you're both right, I should exercise.
But I think there must have been a sloth in my ancestry as I really do not like to exercise (which is why reading is my #1 hobby).

Though running up 12 flights of stairs is a bit extreme even though seeing my ankles is an alluring prospect.

Actually, just walking really does a LOT to get you back in shape. More than most people realize. An after-dinner stroll around the neighborhood 3-4 times a week somehow turns into a 6-7 times a week affair as your body acclimates. Then that escalates into walking at a faster clip rather than just strolling... then, looking for some slight inclines... Before you know it, you're in shape again, and you never really did any 'exercise!'

Stitchawl
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #683
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Actually, just walking really does a LOT to get you back in shape. More than most people realize. An after-dinner stroll around the neighborhood 3-4 times a week somehow turns into a 6-7 times a week affair as your body acclimates. Then that escalates into walking at a faster clip rather than just strolling... then, looking for some slight inclines... Before you know it, you're in shape again, and you never really did any 'exercise!'
Agreed. I'm continuing to lose a steady 1kg or so a week largely aided by a walk each evening (have to wrap up warmly for that, now!). I have a standard "circuit" around my village which is slightly over two and a half miles in length, which takes me about 45-50 minutes at a brisk walk. I listen to audio books on my iPhone while doing it, and find it a very pleasant way to finish the evening before going to bed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #684
Stitchawl
Opsimath

We are all going to be so darned healthy! We'll be lying in our hospital beds wondering how we can possibly be dying of old age if we feel so damned good! Well, at least we won't be needing to order any of those new oversized coffins! If I keep losing weight like this, they'll be able to bury me in a pencil box!

Stitchawl
Old 12-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #685
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
We are all going to be so darned healthy! We'll be lying in our hospital beds wondering how we can possibly be dying of old age if we feel so damned good! Well, at least we won't be needing to order any of those new oversized coffins! If I keep losing weight like this, they'll be able to bury me in a pencil box!
I still have a long, long way to go. Now down to 16st 1lb (225lb, 102kg). Need to lose something like another 20kg before I'd consider myself to be a healthy weight. But I'll get there. Already lost about 16kg over the last year.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #686
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
So, from a purely mathematical (or philosophical ?) point of view you're striving to get rid of a third of yourself!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #687
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I know. At this rate I'll entirely disappear in about 2 years .
Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #688
Corkobo
Zealot

Quote:
...An after-dinner stroll around the neighborhood 3-4 times a week somehow turns into a 6-7 times a week affair as your body acclimates. Then that escalates into walking at a faster clip rather than just strolling... then, looking for some slight inclines... Before you know it, you're in shape again, and you never really did any 'exercise!'
Stitchawl
See, these affairs you're having (with your body!!! tsk, tsk, so strange) are a dangerous thing.
Here you go, having a normal sedentary life, you take a walk for 5 minutes, next thing you know you're Rocky Balboa running up the steps while the loud speakers are pumping out "Eye of the Tiger"...

But seriously, you're probably right...
Old 12-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #689
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
See, these affairs you're having (with your body!!! tsk, tsk, so strange) are a dangerous thing.
Here you go, having a normal sedentary life, you take a walk for 5 minutes, next thing you know you're Rocky Balboa running up the steps while the loud speakers are pumping out "Eye of the Tiger"...

But seriously, you're probably right...
You weren't around at the time, but in a post I made back around September I said exactly that! I DO hear that tune. And I still hear it almost every day when I take my speed walks a find myself at the top of a steep set of stairs or a hill after pumping my way to the top. And this morning... another milestone!!!

I CRACKED 85!!!! This morning the scales read 84.7kg!

I am just about on the verge of considering training for an Ironman Triathlon... senior division, of course. No sense fooling myself into thinking I can compete with the 25 year olds any more the way I did when I was a tournament fighter. On the other hand, although it beat me at Chess, I did kick the crap out of my computer at kickboxing.

Stitchawl
Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #690
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

My "weekly weigh-in" this morning shows that I'm now below 16st for the first time: 15st 12lbs. A significant "milestone" for me .