Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
change original epub back to epub

I've tried & tried via menus/ preferences.

if i have both epub & original-epub, and i want to delete the former & rename the latter - all within calibre...

what's the process , without manually dragging it out of calibre, changing extension & adding it back.

I'm sure there's a slicker way ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I've tried & tried via menus/ preferences.

if i have both epub & original-epub, and i want to delete the former & rename the latter - all within calibre...

what's the process , without manually dragging it out of calibre, changing extension & adding it back.

I'm sure there's a slicker way ?
Right click in the Metadata edit window
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	restore from original.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	95737  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
OK i see that, but usage is unclear & I don't want to have to back up library just to test.

you reckon that if I delete format epub via that window then format original_epub will automatically rename itself back to epub ?

if it does that, then it is being inconsistent with the remove books drop down menu, because I'm sure I tried deleting epub via remove books of a .. format & was left with original_epub format - still called original_epub ?

UPDATE - I see from the related threads link that I asked the same thing a year ago - whoops!

I re-read that thread & it answers the above questions OK

Last edited by cybmole; 11-08-2012 at 05:02 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
OK i see that, but usage is unclear & I don't want to have to back up library just to test.

you reckon that if I delete format epub via that window then format original_epub will automatically rename itself back to epub ?

if it does that, then it is being inconsistent with the remove books drop down menu, because I'm sure I tried deleting epub via remove books of a .. format & was left with original_epub format - still called original_epub ?

UPDATE - I see from the related threads link that I asked the same thing a year ago - whoops!

I re-read that thread & it answers the above questions OK
You don't need to do anything else, but the right click. It will REPLACE the EPUB (in this case)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote