Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
oivavoi
Enthusiast
oivavoi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950
What can we expect from rooting/hacking the T1?

Hi, I am a newbie to sony. Previously I've been a basic kindle user (haven't tried jailbraking my device). And now I've decided to get a t1.

It seems like people in general are satisifed or even very satisfied with T1, but that there are some bugs and/or annoying things with it:
- some report that it freezes or shuts down at times
- full refresh every page (some like it, but I'd like partial refresh as well)
- some report excessive black flashing
- different kinds of pc software issues
- I guess there's things I forgot here as well

My question is: What features are likely to get solved either because of a software update from sony, or from rooting or hacking the device? (I simply assume the device will get rooted and played with by developers, being android and all, since even previous non-android sony models got the "expanded" prs+ software etc)

To frame it differently: Are these issues/bugs about hardware or software?
I guess this is a noob question, but I'm new to sony and not a very tech-savvy guy...

I'm asking since I'm not sure whether I should pre-order one now (in Norway they will start shipping in the end of October), or whether I should wait two or three months, when hardware related bugs might hopefully be fixed. (I've learned from past experience that buying new devices right after they're introduced might not always be a great idea)

(another big advantage or rooting it would be to access the kindle app, which apparently functions reasonably well in rooted nook simple touch)
oivavoi is offline   Reply With Quote