Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
qee4q
Enthusiast
qee4q began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura
Can't import data when switching pc

Hi

I had to buy a new pc last x-mas. Therefore I made a back up of my calibre library on an external harddrive. Now 8 months later I want to put new books on my ereader, so I have installed calibre on the new pc.

However when I go to

“Calibre library > Export/Import all calibre data” and select “Import previously exported data” and navigate to the right folder, there a no files for me to import. When I check the folder outside of calibre there are three files named

part-0001.calibre.data
part-0002.calibre.data
part-0003.calibre.data

respectively.

How do I get calibre to import theese files?

Hope somebody can help med :-)

Cheers!
qee4q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by qee4q View Post
Hi

I had to buy a new pc last x-mas. Therefore I made a back up of my calibre library on an external harddrive. Now 8 months later I want to put new books on my ereader, so I have installed calibre on the new pc.

However when I go to

“Calibre library > Export/Import all calibre data” and select “Import previously exported data” and navigate to the right folder, there a no files for me to import. When I check the folder outside of calibre there are three files named

part-0001.calibre.data
part-0002.calibre.data
part-0003.calibre.data

respectively.

Cheers!
That does not look like the backup (Export) done from WITHIN calibre

You need to use the program that did the backup, do the restore.
In that case, you should HAVE a working library and all you need to do is point Calibre at that one (right click the Library icon: switch/Create: use existing: <point to the library folder> )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Hi

However when I go to

part-0001.calibre.data
part-0002.calibre.data
part-0003.calibre.data

respectively.

Cheers!
This is the files I get when exporting calibre lirbraries.

part-0001.calibre-data
part-0002.calibre-data

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #4
qee4q
Enthusiast

Thanks for your replies. I did use calibre to export my library.

Theducks, what does your export files look like? GBMs looks like mine apparently.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Thanks for your replies. I did use calibre to export my library.

Theducks, what does your export files look like? GBMs looks like mine apparently.
No yours are according yo your post:
part-0001.calibre.data

Mine are:
part-0001.calibre-data

Rename your file to xxxx.calibre-data and see if they will load.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:21 PM   #6
qee4q
Enthusiast

Ahh... I see the subtle difference. I'll try that. Thanks ��
Old 08-11-2018, 04:40 PM   #7
qee4q
Enthusiast

Succes!

However the mistake was that I didn't read properly what to do. I was looking for the files but calibre were asking for the folder containing the files - not the files.

Thanks everybody!