Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
persand
persand began at the beginning.

Device: none
IngramSpark citing content.opf errors I can't find in the .opf

Hello, folks! I have a question for a non-fiction ebook I'm doing.

Full discretion: I formatted the text in InDesign and exported to epub3, and cleaned it up in Calibre.

Also: I work all of the time like this and rarely run into problems (But when I do, it's with iBooks or IngramSpark! yay.)

Ok, so this ebook has nothing listed in the debug section of calibre and validates through the idpf website with no issues, too. But on upload to IngramSpark, I get this error:

[ERROR]OEBPS/content.opf: 2,213: URL expected instead of calibre:
[ERROR]OEBPS/content.opf: 20,46: Undecleared prefix: calibre

The issue is that the prefix: calibre IS 'decleared' (nice typo):

https://image.ibb.co/f2h8qT/Screen_S...3_10_50_PM.png

And isn't being used in line 20 anyway. Likewise, there's a URL attached in line 1 (but not line 2, because that doesn't even look applicable).

Can someone help me? Is this something I'm doing wrong or is IngramSpark's validator screwy?
persand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's a bug in whatever validator it uses. It probably chokes on a prefix attribute that has multiple prefixes or prefixes it does not know about. You can work around it by deleting the calibre prefix and any properties that use it from the OPF.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:01 AM   #3
persand
persand began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you! That did it.

Thanks for all of your work on this program and all of the support you do here, by the way! I've used your program for years and appreciate everything you've done so far.
persand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:10 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
DaniMac
DaniMac began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's a bug in whatever validator it uses. It probably chokes on a prefix attribute that has multiple prefixes or prefixes it does not know about. You can work around it by deleting the calibre prefix and any properties that use it from the OPF.
I have this same problem. I get the following error messages.
[ERROR]content.opf: 1,133: URL expected instead of calibre:
[ERROR]content.opf: 67,64: Undecleared prefix: calibre
[ERROR]content.opf: 72,50: Undecleared prefix: calibre
[ERROR]content.opf: 75,121: Undecleared prefix: calibre

Unfortunately, I don't know how to delete the calibre references, as you suggest. Could you please provide more detail? I like calibre and want to continue using it so I'm hoping you can help me.
Thanks.
DaniMac is offline   Reply With Quote