Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-27-2018, 03:26 AM   #2896
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
The version with this problem was 2015.11-1654, the last version from GitHub. I installed version 2015.11-1724, the last version from koreader.rocks. This problem does not exist on the 21 May version. I wonder if it was an error from my part.

On a side note, it takes quite some time to come back from sleeping mode. It is not a matter of one-two seconds.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:02 AM   #2897
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There was a potential wifi + suspend issue fixed recently, among other things, possibly .

Hmm, define "quite some time"?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:11 PM   #2898
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

It always returns from screensaver instantly, i.e. it redisplays the last page as soon as opening the cover. But it does happen that touch access is only available after 10 to 20 seconds. When this happens, it happens consistently.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:22 PM   #2899
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@hfpop: That's... interesting. Is the KA1-LE using an IR-grid or a capacitive touchlayer?

We have a specific workaround in place for the neonode grid found on the H2O, because mine was being very finicky...
If the issue is similar (except, in my case, touch *never* woke up), this one may also need a little 'nudge'...

If it is an IR-grid, can you check through the terminal plugin (or a proper SSH shell) if you can find a path to something resembling
Code:
/sys/devices/virtual/input/input1/neocmd
?
Old 05-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #2900
hfpop
Addict

As far as I know, Aura One LE has a capacitive layer.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #2901
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
@NiLuJe

I've just installed latest version of KOReader on my Clara, and whatever it is I did before to make it work, I now can only make it work partially, using the stuff in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=291

It has the image 180° turned when holding the device normally
It has the touch upside-down (left is left, right is right, top is bottom, bottom is top) compared to the image.

As KSM has the same kind of issue (image correct, touch left/right swapped) I believe this is the same issue for both.

vlasovsoft has image and touch correct since this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=493
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #2902
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I wanted to try out KOReader on my Kobo H20 v2. The simplest way seemed to be using KFMon, so that's what I did. I got the problems described here:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3925

Mine is definitely the rev2 version (Product ID 378 - confirmed by reading the last three digits out of the .kobo/version file). Latest firmware: v4.8.11073

Since I don't have a github login at the moment, and I see NiLuJe over there, I thought I'd add some (hopefully relevant) notes here.

The 2018.06.02 build started but just didn't respond to touch at all. (No crash, sleep/power button worked fine.) The 2018.04.12 build responded to touch but seemed to be getting everything backwards (pressing cancel got Okay all sorts of wonderful stuff).

I went back to the 2018.06.02 build, and seeing the notes on the link above, I tried a few of the things discussed. What appears to have worked for me was this:
Code:
local KoboSnowRev2 = Kobo:new{
    model = "Kobo_snow",
    hasFrontlight = yes,
    touch_snow_protocol = true,
    --touch_probe_ev_epoch_time = true,
    --touch_phoenix_protocol = true,
    display_dpi = 265,
[...]
Yes, you read that right, I had to put touch_snow_protocol back in.

I haven't done much testing, but what I have done has touch doing all the right things.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #2903
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@CH23: I believe you're inheriting the rotation issues from KSM.

Starting straight from Nickel from a clean reboot might yield better results.

EDIT: As for the touch, you *might* need to comment out touch_mirrored_x? (It would then match @gmw's results, which makes some kind of sense).

@gmw: Great, I'll push your version of things in my PR, because given what @CH23 just said, the original reporter might also have been inheriting broken behavior from KSM .

Plus, your final results make *much* more sense than what we'd been seeing 'til now.

Thank you!

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-09-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #2904
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@CH23: I believe you're inheriting the rotation issues from KSM.

Starting straight from Nickel from a clean reboot might yield better results.

EDIT: As for the touch, you *might* need to comment out touch_mirrored_x? (It would then match @gmw's results, which makes some kind of sense).

@gmw: Great, I'll push your version of things in my PR, because given what @CH23 just said, the original reporter might also have been inheriting broken behavior from KSM .

Plus, your final results make *much* more sense than what we'd been seeing 'til now.

Thank you!
You just made my day:

Back on my Kobo Mini, I used FMON, but I forgot about it, thought it was part of KSM or KOReader.

Never got it to work on my Glo HD for this reason, and only just now learned of KFMon.

I suppose that's the way to boot straight from Nickel, right?

For now I'll try commenting out touch_mirrored_x
Old 06-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #2905
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@CH23: Basically, yes. I tried to explain the differences and point people to the solution best matching their use case in the wiki .
Old 06-09-2018, 03:47 PM   #2906
CH23
Bottom Text

Quote:
@CH23: Basically, yes. I tried to explain the differences and point people to the solution best matching their use case in the wiki .
I installed KFMon, and set my ereader to boot into nickel, not KSM.
I have removed 'touch_mirrored_x' as well.

From nickel, booting into KOReader, both image and touch work as they should.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:48 PM   #2907
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@CH23: Many, many thanks for your many, many tests, both for KOReader and the rest of the Kobo homebrew ecosystem .

One final thing: Does it still work after removing touch_probe_ev_epoch_time, too?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-09-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:15 AM   #2908
CH23
Bottom Text

Quote:
@CH23: Many, many thanks for your many, many tests, both for KOReader and the rest of the Kobo homebrew ecosystem .

One final thing: Does it still work after removing touch_probe_ev_epoch_time, too?
works through KSM
works through nickel

(unrelated to touch but still of importance: sleep mode, and rebooting don't seem to work, give me a notification that koreader exited irregularly in KSM, and restarts nickel when through kfmon)
Old 06-10-2018, 03:21 AM   #2909
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
[...] (unrelated to touch but still of importance: sleep mode, and rebooting don't seem to work, give me a notification that koreader exited irregularly in KSM, and restarts nickel when through kfmon)
I don't use KSM, and haven't played with KOReader long enough to have any idea of sleep mode operation, but I can confirm that I see a full system restart when I exit KOreader after starting through kfmon. Not a big deal to me, I don't really expect to use KOreader much*.

ETA: The same restart thing happens with the pbchess/coolreader stuff started with kfmon - so maybe it's kfmon, or maybe it's just the nature of the beast (kobo/nickel).

* I was really just taking a look to see if there was anything much in it that I wanted - better access to images in epubs is about the only epub advantage for me. (I use almost exclusively epub, not kepub - why have a standard if you're not going to use it?) Otherwise, the rare - for me - PDF is the main reason I'd use it, I think. I thought the various user interface items for header/footer while reading would be of interest, but so far I have had too much trouble getting predictable results to be bothered with them.

Last edited by gmw; 06-10-2018 at 07:08 AM.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:00 AM   #2910
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@CH23: Nnnnnnngh. If we need to dig into another weird Kobo sleep behavior, that's going to be fun fun fun...

Anyway, thank you very much .

EDIT: On the off-chance there's something interesting in it about the suspend/reboot issues: what does koreader/crash.log says?

@gmw: Missed the page break, sorry. Which KFMon version, which FW version, and which device? Note that a nickel restart looks very much like a full reboot, it's just significantly faster.

EDIT: On my H2O, where the power button has a LED, said LED blinking is a good way to differentiate a system restart from just a Nickel restart . You'll see the blinking squares on screen anyway, is what I meant to say .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-10-2018 at 09:39 AM.