Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Your friend Apprentice Alf should be able to tell you everything you need to know. I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to these things, so if I can figure it out, I'm sure that you can .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70
I've done the search for the addons (or whatever the term) for doing so and have never been able to figure out how to get things to work right. And being as questions require answers that can't be given in a forum (for legal reasons) I've been stuck not knowing what would be needed to correct whatever I myself did wrong while trying to remove DRM (for books that I own and that would be for my own personal use only of course).
Ask the questions where you found the plugins. They're friendly and helpful there... I promise.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #18
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Can't this be done using the web page at ManageKindle. I see Action choices including send to kindle or via computer. Obviously, there are going to be pages of them. As I see only 15 items at a time and I have over 700 items. 400+ items will require 30 or so pages of items to act upon.

Good luck
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #19
deb27
Enthusiast
deb27 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Good comments from everyone on this subject, thanks!

Regarding DRM - yes, it's an option to remove it. However, as we all know, that's not strictly legal. I was trying to find a legal solution to this issue.

Another small update to this issue. Today I decided to download another chunk of books (one at a time...sigh) from amazon.com. I ran into something that was probably a server glitch on Amazon (it couldn't find some of my books) and opened a chat window with customer server. The glitch eventually disappeared (he saw it too) but during the chat I explained my problem. He offered to download the books for me if I gave him a list!!! I couldn't figure out how to get the list I wanted downloaded out of Calibre but I just cut and pasted all the titles into the chat window (which was about 50 books) and he sent them to my Kindle. He also said he'd send my suggestion about downloading multiple books to whoever it is he sends such things to.
deb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #20
deb27
Enthusiast
deb27 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Can't this be done using the web page at ManageKindle. I see Action choices including send to kindle or via computer. Obviously, there are going to be pages of them. As I see only 15 items at a time and I have over 700 items. 400+ items will require 30 or so pages of items to act upon.

Good luck
Yes, in theory it can be done from that page. However you can only do them one at a time. Try it and see how much mouse clicking and moving you have to do to get one book downloaded. And then multiply that by the number of books you have and it's a recipe for carpal tunnel syndrome.
deb27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy, transfer, upgrade