Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC android devices have problems with digest auth.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Christmas day and the wife has purchased an Archos 7o Tablet. Like the user above, the browser will access the content server (but not download EPUBs so far or PDFs - only txt). Aldiko will not authenticate with the C/S, however, I can access it by removing the password.
Kovid probably has it. There are several posts going a ways back complaining about android authentication and suggesting the problem was with digest.

You should be able to get around this by running a reverse proxy with basic auth. Don't know if a reverse proxy will fit in your scheme, though.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #18
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
IIRC android devices have problems with digest auth.
As soon as I removed the password from the CS, EPUB downloads via the browser worked, and Aldiko was happy (although it shows only the mobile access, not opds or stanza). The opds and stanza access show the various categories(Newest, etc.), but they can't be accessed.

I have a reverse proxy set up that uses authentication. I can pass through it to the unauthenticated Calibre CS. I wonder if Android will have trouble with that?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #19
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You should be able to get around this by running a reverse proxy with basic auth. Don't know if a reverse proxy will fit in your scheme, though.
Well that answers my proxy question before I asked it.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #20
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Second thought: Idolse reported in my calibre php server thread that the 'droid had trouble downloading books when http 401 auth was being used. To get around this, I had to add internal authentication to my server, using only standard http responses.
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #21
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Second thought: Idolse reported in my calibre php server thread that the 'droid had trouble downloading books when http 401 auth was being used. To get around this, I had to add internal authentication to my server, using only standard http responses.
Yes, I considered that your php server might offer a solution, but the reverse proxy was already set up, and that has fixed it.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #22
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, I considered that your php server might offer a solution, but the reverse proxy was already set up, and that has fixed it.
Cool! Glad to hear it.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #23
dny238
dny238 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:

If there is anyone who is downloading EPUBs with Android Froyo's Browser or accessing the C/S authenticated with Aldiko I'd appreciate tips.

BTW, I know I have the options of connecting the Android device as an ereader (USB), using Save to Disk and Connect to Folder, but the content server is my normal access method.

Thanks for any info.
(Aldiko is Ver. 1.2.10)
Check out Moon + Reader. It supports OPDS from Calibre smoothly. On iOS I use Stanza. I still can't get Aldiko to work after all this time.
dny238 is offline   Reply With Quote