Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Bic
Connoisseur
Bic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it is

Device: Kindle or Sony
Copia e-readers: Ocean, Tidal

Any one have word on these new e-readers from Copia?
http://www.thecopia.com/ereader.html

Supposedly costing under $300, the largest is 9" screen with WiFi and 3G connections, touch screen, SD card slot, 4GB internal memory, stereo speakers. Sounds too good to be true for that price, so eager to get any early word on this one.
Bic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
There is a hold up on the SiPix screens which is delaying the introduction of several ebook readers. I don't know when the Copia Readers were due to be released, but there are no SiPix-based devices being sold yet.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
Bic
Connoisseur
Bic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it is

I'm also excited about the ASUS-DR900 which is also SiPix electronic paper, with its 9" display plus WiFi and 3G, 4GB internal memory with an SD card slot. To me, this one and the Copia Ocean 9 are the ones I'm excited about, but need to hear the verdict on SiPix. After all, the key feature is the reading screen, all else is secondary.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:00 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
From what I've seen the SiPiX screens are looking the same as my e-ink screen.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
Bic
Connoisseur

Still no sign of this promising e-book reader. Supposed to be out in March, then April 7 was going to be the beta test of their interactive web site. And not a word on their website about the delays. http://www.thecopia.com/index.html Anyone have any ideas?
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
From what I could gather reading this forum and various websites, the delay is caused by problems with Sipix screens. I haven't been able to find out how long the delay will last.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #7
Bic
Connoisseur

Now that the Que and Skiff e-readers look dead, will Copia be next? I'm still holding out for what look like good machines on their web page, but can't wait too much longer, esp. if Amazon comes out with a new one in August, per rumors. Any updates anyone on Copia?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bic View Post
Now that the Que and Skiff e-readers look dead, will Copia be next? I'm still holding out for what look like good machines on their web page, but can't wait too much longer, esp. if Amazon comes out with a new one in August, per rumors. Any updates anyone on Copia?
All devices using the SiPix display screen have been delayed to August or September. This does not mean they are dead. SiPix had a problem with their screen design and it should start shipping in quantity this month I believe. Once that happens all the readers waiting for the display should start shipping. There are a lot of devices waiting for these screens.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
I must say that I've been disappointed with how Copia has communicated with interested parties with regards to the delay of their readers. They have a twitter feed on their website in which some people asked them for information concerning the delay etc. Copia basically just ignored them. Before April they were entertaining questions concerning the readers after that no word on their availability was given.

While I agree that a company shouldn't give a release date if they honestly don't know, if the Copia's delay were just due to the screens they could've communciated this to interested parties when asked. I don't think it would've negatively affected them in the eyes of the public as such a delay is out of their hands. However given that you have been trying to drum up publicity via social networking and then decide to fall off the radar on certain issues is a bit disappointing.

I'll still give their reader a look when it's released however it has fallen down the pecking order for me. My attention is now on the new Pocketbooks, Asus (even this is up in the air) and even on the new rumored Kindle/ Sony (Kindle's foresightness in the industry is slowing starting to attract me even though they aren't an open platform)

Last edited by Trini; 07-02-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #10
Bic
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini View Post
I must say that I've been disappointed with how Copia has communicated with interested parties with regards to the delay of their readers. They have a twitter feed on their website in which some people asked them for information concerning the delay etc. Copia basically just ignored them. Before April they were entertaining questions concerning the readers after that no word on their availability was given.
I totally agree. I've emailed them, I've signed up for beta testing their social media program, etc. Nothing. Not even an acknowledgment. I really want an ereader that's around 8" -- I find the 6" format too small, and 10" is a bit large to lug around. If Kindle comes out with a 7 or 8 inch one, I'm there. If this is how Copia will act once they do put one out, I'm not going to have much faith in their customer service.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Quote:
I totally agree. I've emailed them, I've signed up for beta testing their social media program, etc. Nothing. Not even an acknowledgment. I really want an ereader that's around 8" -- I find the 6" format too small, and 10" is a bit large to lug around. If Kindle comes out with a 7 or 8 inch one, I'm there. If this is how Copia will act once they do put one out, I'm not going to have much faith in their customer service.
Bic, have a look at the Innoversal Inc. Papyrus. 8" screen plus lots of other goodies. It has been added to the ereader matrix
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #12
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Quote:
If you're really waiting for something promising, have an eye on the long-waited 9" Onyx Boox as well (if it's out).
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #13
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
Given the price of the Onyx Boox I shudder to think of the price of their 9" reader
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #14
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
SiPix or not, most of these rebranding companies will not survive the credit crunch (see Interead: they died because HSBC stopped funding).
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
Bic
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
If you're really waiting for something promising, have an eye on the long-waited 9" Onyx Boox as well (if it's out).
I don't see it on their web page. They only list the 6" one (now reduced to a still expensive $300), seems to require a stylus (don't like that), and seems identical to the BeBook Neo (see:
http://mybebook.com/6-inch-ereaders/...duct_info.html