Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
That might be one of the reasons they consider dropping international orders. They are losing money on the shipping.
The logical solution to that is to increase the shipping price.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The logical solution to that is to increase the shipping price.
Then it is up to the buyers if they want to pay the increased shipping.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #48
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
I suppose with international orders any returns back to the buyer Astak have to pay, so I guess they lose money on each return, Although it still must cost a fair bit to ship within the USA ? Obviously not as much as international
Still have yet to receive any sort of shipping conformation regarding my order from Astak, Even after my second email to support asking for info, I still don't know if my orders shipped or what

Last edited by gargoyle67; 09-24-2009 at 11:57 AM.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:28 AM   #49
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Ok so 4 emails later and still no reply I ordered my pocket pro 3 days ago and I still don't know if the orderer has even been processed
"How is our customer service to you?" Pretty bloody diabolical if Astak can't even take the time to reply to email.
I'll give them a few more days (and emails) and if I don't get a reply I'll start a paypal dispute under the unanswered email section
Old 09-25-2009, 05:54 AM   #50
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Sounds like they need some sort of automatic notice once the order is placed.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #51
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
Ok so 4 emails later and still no reply I ordered my pocket pro 3 days ago and I still don't know if the orderer has even been processed
"How is our customer service to you?" Pretty bloody diabolical if Astak can't even take the time to reply to email.
I'll give them a few more days (and emails) and if I don't get a reply I'll start a paypal dispute under the unanswered email section

Yeah. I feel for you. The same experience here. I said it before, I think they are simply swamped with the orders and returns.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:56 AM   #52
gargoyle67
Addict

Like I said before, As with every company if your swamped and haven't even the time to answer emails it time to hire more staff, Being busy is no excuse in the cut throat world of business, If you get bad service people will go just else where, There are plenty of companies out there that take your money and offer good service
Old 09-25-2009, 07:18 AM   #53
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Well for starters paypal I understand you have to wait 45 days. Second, my email went unanswered for 2 days, so I rang Astak. Within minutes I was put through to Ruby who verified my order, gave me a tracking number and said the PP was shipped the day before. Yes, email communication is a little slack from them and I do question that a little, but my experience with the phone support has been brilliant. Despite previous emails going unanswered I did take a chance by ordering from them, and this far I am not disappointed in doing so. Give them a call and see how you feel after that before starting a dispute.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:30 AM   #54
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Like I said before, As with every company if your swamped and haven't even the time to answer emails it time to hire more staff, Being busy is no excuse in the cut throat world of business, If you get bad service people will go just else where, There are plenty of companies out there that take your money and offer good service

Exactly. That's what all the temp employment agencies are about, eh?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #55
gargoyle67
Addict

@Solicitous, Why should I have to spend extra money on an international call when there's email ? I think 3 days is more then enough time to expect a reply regarding an order. All web companies I deal with give a auto response when receiving an order and one when the item has shipped, How can Astak have a web shop and still not have even this basic service is beyond me It's not like I'm asking for the world
@kennyc, So true
Old 09-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #56
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Sounds like they need some sort of automatic notice once the order is placed.
They do. I got a email this morning after you ordered one last night!
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #57
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Yesterday morning, I sent an email requesting an RMA for a switch. I received a reply to my email a few hours later with an RMA number and an address to send the unit to. Also, they asked what service I preferred. If it was UPS they would email a shipping label. I got the shipping label a few hours after replying.

I'll be sending my unit back today. I figure a few days to get there, a day or two to process, and a few days to get back.

Customer Service, for me at least, is top notch. I give them 5 of 5.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #58
gargoyle67
Addict

Finally go through to Astak regarding my order and got a tracking number, Although all the tracking number tells me is the date the package left the US, Ruby the woman that I spoke to told me they had sent me tracking details although I could find none in my email or at my SP email
interface. I just hope it arrives working and no duty due
Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #59
kennyc

Quote:
Finally go through to Astak regarding my order and got a tracking number, Although all the tracking number tells me is the date the package left the US, Ruby the woman that I spoke to told me they had sent me tracking details although I could find none in my email or at my SP email
interface. I just hope it arrives working and no duty due
Old 09-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #60
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Please do phone!!

Quote:
Dear Gargoyle:

Yes, we are busy... but, NO, you should not have to wait to be answered! Would you please phone: 1-866-368-8788!! OR... jot me a private message with your real name and shiiping address.

I am very sorry for the let-down in recent customer service. The main problem is we get flooded with people wanting updates after we have already shipped out. Then, there are 50-100 more people placing new orders that need shipping immediately. We do not mean to lack in contacting you back... we just need more people.

Call and get your answer immediately!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote