Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #16
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
"Lefty... you sneak up on the left. I'll go right."

"Huh? This way?"

"No, LEFT... umm, big-toe-wise. I'll go pinky-toe direction, and then on the signal, pounce."

"Ok."

"We'll trap this weird impostor sock mutant thing once and for all."

"I think it's a hand. Pretending to be a sock."

"Yeah. Be careful, they come in pairs."

"Oh no! We're in Paris, too!"

"No, PAIRS. Hands come in PAIRS. There could be another one around."

"A PAIRS of psockpuppets? I'm scared. How many is that?"

"Never mind. Be quiet, wait for the signal. You remember the signal?"

"Yes. You yell 'POUNCE'."

"That is what we ended up with, isn't it? OK."

"Hugo!"

"What?"

"Why are we pouncing pscockpuppet again? We're scared, right? We don't like him. Right?"

"Yes, right, why?"

"Because you don't seem like you're scared pouncey. You seem more happy pouncey".

"I... umm. Well. Ok. We don't know it's a him yet, and well... I like blondes. Wait, Lefty! Where are you going! You're my wing man, stop! Wait!"

"I'm leaving. The last time you tried to make me happy pounce I hurt my shronk."
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
"Lefty... you sneak up on the left. I'll go right."

"Huh? This way?"

"No, LEFT... umm, big-toe-wise. I'll go pinky-toe direction, and then on the signal, pounce."
wait, lefty's big toe ? or hugo's ? because, lefty being on the left, i would think big-toe-wise would be lefty's right. or am i wrong about that ?

Quote:
"Yeah. Be careful, they come in pairs."

"Oh no! We're in Paris, too!"
paaaa hahahaha !!!!!

Quote:
"Because you don't seem like you're scared pouncey. You seem more happy pouncey".
ooh, happy pouncey. look out, psockpuppet.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I'm croaking up here ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:39 AM   #19
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
"The thing is," said Biggles, "We aren't exactly sure that she's involved with anything that Miyatake was getting up to, at all. But she just up and disappeared the same day that that little contretemps on Lake Gatun took place."

"Any idea where she went?" asked Vera.

"Our man at the Airport said that she was seen leaving on a flight to Mexico City."

"That's like three plane changes away. How do you know that was her destination?"

"He pinched her handbag and looked at her ticket."

"Then you were suspicious to begin with?"

"No, he's just a kleptomaniac. Dr Montsnmags is working with him on getting over that, so he returned it to her without her being aware."

"He must be a good pick pocket, then."

"Well, Dr Montsnmags is working with him..." Biggles trailed off and looke ill at ease.

Vera shuddered as she thought of the possible 'alterations' that may have been added.

"Well. there's nothing for it. I have to go to Mexico City and track down what this Teutonic hussy is up to!" Vera stood and took the check. She knew Biggles well enough to avoid the inevitable extended embarrassing moment as he tried to avoid the tab.

"Why not just send a message to the Embassy? Surely they have agents that can track her?"

"Yes, but I need to pick up some Talavera pottery for Christmas presents for my Mom." Vera turned and walked from the cantina.

As she walked away, she vaguely heard Biggles calling after her, "But Christmas was last week!"

"That's the beauty of international shipping, it takes weeks and you can send a wire inquiring about the package you haven't yet shipped and it won't seem strange," she called over her shoulder.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:00 PM   #20
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
"Well, Dr Montsnmags is working with him..."

he's cheap - at any price .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #21
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Mexico City - A jillion people under a scary volcano, plus Hilda and the socks.

Do Harv and Viv realize how big the airport is there? I hope they brought their walking shoes.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:57 PM   #22
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
"Well, Dr Montsnmags is working with him..."

he's cheap - at any price .....
It's never the "price"; it's the cost:

Cheers,
The (other) Doctor
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #23
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's just disturbing.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #24
pshrynk

He was relaxed, just as he always was. Except for that time recently when he had been split in two parts. That led to some strange experiences, even for him.

Now, he knew what he needed to do. It was all clear. He laid his cards on the table. And grinned.

The squid glanced over at the hand that the gibbon had dropped on the green felt and sighed as only squids can sigh. He looked at his opponent and gave a look that said, "I could actually buy it that you had a Royal Flush once, given that the odds are there that it could happen, but three in one night? That defies the odds, even for an invisible lesser ape. However, given your propensity to random violence, I'm going to turn up my full house and push the pot towards you.*"
Old 01-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #25
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
He was relaxed, just as he always was. Except for that time recently when he had been split in two parts. That led to some strange experiences, even for him.

Now, he knew what he needed to do. It was all clear. He laid his cards on the table. And grinned.

The squid glanced over at the hand that the gibbon had dropped on the green felt and sighed as only squids can sigh. He looked at his opponent and gave a look that said, "I could actually buy it that you had a Royal Flush once, given that the odds are there that it could happen, but three in one night? That defies the odds, even for an invisible lesser ape. however, given your propensity to random violence, I'm going to turn up my full house and push the pot towards you.*"
poor thing. a squid that sensitive and intelligent *knows* he'll never beat an invisible, inadvertently violent gibbon at cards, but what's he going to do ?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #26
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
poor thing. a squid that sensitive and intelligent *knows* he'll never beat an invisible, inadvertently violent gibbon at cards, but what's he going to do ?
The same thing I do with him:
  1. Cheat
  2. Run

Cheers,
Marc (I've always wanted to watch a squid run)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #27
pshrynk

As Harv dangled by one foot from the snare, he wondered what Vera as up to. He determined that he was through with her, once and for all. It wasn't like they were committed. Or at least not in the sense of spending their lives together. She was just too... predictably unpredictable. Every time they got close enough to think about taking the next step in their relationship, she picked an argument on some technical ground and the whole process started over. Yes. Through. Definitely.

"So, have you thought about my proposal?" asked Vivaldi.

"Um... Sorry?"

"It's a simple matter of you letting me pick the radio stations when we're flying and me then cutting you down."

"Look, this is arguably all your fault anyway, so why not just cut me down and I'll give you a treat?"

"And here's me, fresh out of opposable thumbs!"

"I may have lost my knife, but I still have a gun, you know."

"It's a simple exchange of goods and services, Harv! Besides, I can run around in circles faster than you can swing yourself to get a good aim."

"I hate the music you play! I only tolerate it for half the flight because I'm trying to be fair. And I could just randomly fire behind me, you know."

"And possible hit the Goose, with all that aviation fuel..."

Just then, two wool socks, one of them with a safety pin in its cuff ran by, giving the impression that they were screaming. A blue colored frog hopped after them.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

oh BRILLIANT !!! thank god the holidays are over at last and we can get back to what really counts : the saga of harv and vera (and vr and hugo and lefty and the squid and, apparently, now at least one frog) !!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #29
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
And you've still got to be rescued in Slite's story thread.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #30
zelda_pinwheel

yes i do, which reminds me, where is slite ???? he hasn't been around for ages. i hope he's alright.