Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
bmwvan
Connoisseur
bmwvan is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 4700/Fictionwise reader/Sony 505
Dim around the edge

After enjoying my 505 for the past month, I finally tried reading a book with the text turned to a "landscape" orientation and noticed that the former margin areas (now the top and bottom lines) were a bit dim compared to the body of the text. Is this normal, am I seeing things, is my 505 having problems? I know I have had problems with some tasks I want to do with this unit and the books I read, but I thought I could turn the text 90 degrees without hitting a snag! Any help for me out there?
bmwvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Yes, it's normal. This is to show you where the last line was on the previous screen as you read.

It's part of the firmware.

Hope this helps.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
bmwvan
Connoisseur

Thanks, Doctor. I feel better already!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
To elaborate on what Don said, in landscape mode, the Reader is showing you the same "pages" it does in portrait mode, but half a page at a time - first the top half of the page, and then the bottom half. The "dim" areas are the "overlap" between the top and bottom halves of the page.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #5
bmwvan
Connoisseur

Did I not notice a change in the font size, even though the indicator remained the same? Is that a result of spreading the same characters over a greater area?
Advert