Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-25-2017, 08:24 AM   #40726
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I've decided to name the mystery bird. Floote. Floote is singing. It good to see him back. The other birds all sound like chirping but Floote sounds like a flute or dog whistle.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:30 PM   #40727
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
It may be a catbird imitating something he heard - last year one in our neighborhood learned to make the chirp noise of locking/unlocking your car door.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:08 AM   #40728
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I had planned to be up extra early today. The washing machine's heating element has broken and a repairman will come by between 8am and 1pm today. I usually get up around 8am and shuffle to the utility room (to get to my room you have to go through the utility room) to brush my teeth, wash my face, etc. I woke up even earlier because of the noise of the unloading and/or building of the stage for King's Night and King's Day at the nearby square.

Our city also celebrates King's Night and the music on the square starts at 6pm and stops at 1am (though it'll be noisy for a while longer). Tomorrow there will be live music from noon until 6pm. Luckily we won't have a stage around the corner like we used to have, though one of the cafés last years hired big speakers to blast music from.

I've got my noise cancelling headphones plus an extra set of batteries ready. Today I'm going to get a snack for tonight. I have the afternoon off and I plan to take a nap, so I can stay awake longer tonight. Tomorrow I'll spend the morning doing useful things and when the music starts I'm going to do something fun whilst wearing my headphones again.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:53 AM   #40729
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I'm finishing up my final exam draft, and preparing for the two lectures I am giving today.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #40730
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
It may be a catbird imitating something he heard - last year one in our neighborhood learned to make the chirp noise of locking/unlocking your car door.
True. It's raining hard today so no Floote. Can you tell I'm missing my cat. I've taken solace in a hidden bird.

I'm also fighting the flu. Here I thought I missed it this year then this. I'm listening to an audiobook because the fever makes my eyes water so I can't read well.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 04-26-2017, 03:06 PM   #40731
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
True. It's raining hard today so no Floote. Can you tell I'm missing my cat. I've taken solace in a hidden bird.

I'm also fighting the flu. Here I thought I missed it this year then this. I'm listening to an audiobook because the fever makes my eyes water so I can't read well.

Sent from my Nexus 7
I hope you feel better soon!
Last summer we had a bird that imitated an alarm clock (the three beep variety). Always around dawn. And although my alarm clock sounds very different I woke up every morning because of the alarm sound. It did go away some time during autumn. Since a couple of weeks Alarm Clock bird is back and I'm woken up at dawn each morning, though it's getting easier to go back to sleep again.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:10 PM   #40732
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
A while back, there was a mockingbird in my neighborhood that had learned to precisely imitate a car alarm going off. It provided much amusing confusion.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #40733
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
A while back, there was a mockingbird in my neighborhood that had learned to precisely imitate a car alarm going off. It provided much amusing confusion.
______
Dennis
That's funny. Floote sings unlike a chirpy bird like sound. It's like a low pitch song with four notes. Like the birds you see in the old disney cartoons.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 04-26-2017, 04:19 PM   #40734
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I hope you feel better soon!
Last summer we had a bird that imitated an alarm clock (the three beep variety). Always around dawn. And although my alarm clock sounds very different I woke up every morning because of the alarm sound. It did go away some time during autumn. Since a couple of weeks Alarm Clock bird is back and I'm woken up at dawn each morning, though it's getting easier to go back to sleep again.
We have tons of annoying birds like that who start chirping around 4AM. This place is full of birds for some reason. We have geese even who every day fly by twice. Once in the morning and once in the evening. Honking as they go.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 04-26-2017, 10:56 PM   #40735
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
When I was in college there was a housing shortage. Instead of being on the main campus, my dormitory was across the river on a smaller satellite campus, and shuttle buses ran at about every 15 minutes. The bus stop was in front of our smaller, satellite dining hall and our dorm was behind the dining hall, so you couldn't see when a bus was arriving.

That year we had a mockingbird that learned how to do a wonderful imitation of a shuttle bus' squealing brakes. I can't tell you how many times I and other students broke into a run to make sure they didn't miss the bus, only to find that the bus wasn't there.

We hated that bird.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:28 AM   #40736
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm procrastinating. I really need to get going with cleaning this morning and I just can't get myself to start.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #40737
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Cramping. I was enjoying no periods thank you very much.
Just age, nothing more.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #40738
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Planning to improve my health that includes eating healthy, do breathing, do stretches and take a walk... Just to start. All the best everyone...
DrDln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:28 PM   #40739
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Cramping. I was enjoying no periods thank you very much.
Just age, nothing more.
Hope you feel better soon!
Cramping sucks, last month for the first time every I didn't cramp at all (first time I used a cup, hopefully the same will happen next period).
Old 04-27-2017, 02:32 PM   #40740
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Hope you feel better soon!
Cramping sucks, last month for the first time every I didn't cramp at all (first time I used a cup, hopefully the same will happen next period).
This is first one since January.
I took a couple of aleve's and it helped.
So I decided to just work on craft projects today.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?