Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #40711
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I just ordered my new toy: the Sony HX400V camera, plus accessories. It seems like a really nice bridge camera between a regular compact and a DSLR. For a long while now I've been looking at different camera's, maybe a system, maybe a DSLR. But I've decided that changing lenses isn't my thing. With my vacation just three weeks away I have a bit of time to get to know the camera.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #40712
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm trying to identify a bird by its song. We have alot of birds around but they sound like a bunch of chaotic chatter. It can be quite annoying but yesterday this one bird showed up and the sound it makes is very lovely.

It sounds like a flute with three clear long notes with a rising crescendo at the end. It's farther away today but I can still hear it occasionally over the other birds annoying chirping.

I don't know why I need to know this but I do.

Sent from my XT1528
Go out to Amazon and download the free AUDUBON Bird app, it is free and a wonderful birding app. I think it is also free in the Play Store and in the Apple app store. Good luck finding your bird.
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #40713
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathinlady View Post
Go out to Amazon and download the free AUDUBON Bird app, it is free and a wonderful birding app. I think it is also free in the Play Store and in the Apple app store. Good luck finding your bird.
Yes, it is in the play store.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #40714
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I gave up. I listened​ to over 200 birds. Other then that one clip nadda.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:49 AM   #40715
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Taking a break from cleaning the area between my desk and the window. AKA the Dumping Ground. I'm about half way through, but the first half was the messiest, so I think I deserve a break. I've decided that I will tackle the area beneath my desk for tomorrow, which is mainly sorting through my tools, see what I have multiples off and probably looking for a bigger or an extra toolbox.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:55 AM   #40716
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

A busy day today. This morning I had to lug all the stuff that could be thrown away down two stairs. Then we went to the recycling station to get rid of it and on the way back we went to a supplier and the craft store. We just got back and I've ordered a Powercube (cheaper online than when I order it from a supplier).

And for my vacation in I also ordered bird and squirrel feed, a new feeder and a pole to stick in the ground and attach the feeder on.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:36 PM   #40717
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Grading papers and preparing summer session classes...
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:56 PM   #40718
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Trying not jump, stomp and slam my door. My downstairs neighbor has open *squeak* and slammed her door over 50 times in the last few hours.

What the hockey sticks is her problem?!? Can't she just close a door like a normal person. *Growls*

Sent from my XT1528
Old 04-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #40719
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Trying not jump, stomp and slam my door. My downstairs neighbor has open *squeak* and slammed her door over 50 times in the last few hours.

What the hockey sticks is her problem?!? Can't she just close a door like a normal person. *Growls*

Sent from my XT1528
Not if she has my front door. You have to close it hard or it doesn't catch.
Is this a new neighbor or a new development?
Also are they wooden doors? If it has been raining, the door might be a bit swelled. Happens more with ground level doors.

Just a thought it might not be her fault.
Or she is being itchy because she knows it will bother the one upstairs.
Or she might not have given a thought to how the door sounds.

I figure the latter of the three since I don't figure you stormed upstairs and told a woman that her kids were to sit still and not make a sound because you worked nights and the children making any sound woke you up even though your own son could make noise in your apartment.
Needless to say the upstairs neighbor immediately called the landlord.
The night worker was given a choice of an upstairs apartment, live with the noise or find a new place to live.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #40720
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:

Sent from my XT1528
Trade you. I will gladly give you not 1, not 2 but 3 of my neighbors for your door slammer.
All 3 seemed inclined to blast their stereos whenever they felt like it. One even hired a singer once. (He was very good) Note: I am not talking car stereos but full on big stereos that they have outside.
Though I have to say the third one learned real quick at 1 AM a couple of weeks ago that it was not a good idea to scream f*** you and turn up the stereo when the neighbors explained they had to work the next day.
We did like they said and called the ok we can make your life miserable squad. Within 15 minutes all was quiet. They now keep it down and go in their house before midnight.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:56 PM   #40721
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

No you wouldn't. The door slammed shakes the entire apartment to the point things fall off the wall. There is no reason for her to keep slamming. She doesn't do it at night. These are metal doors with metal frame. She's on something.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 04-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #40722
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
No you wouldn't. The door slammed shakes the entire apartment to the point things fall off the wall. There is no reason for her to keep slamming. She doesn't do it at night. These are metal doors with metal frame. She's on something.

Sent from my XT1528
Oh one of those. You sure you don't want my neighbors.
Buy one, get 2 free.
Now excuse me while I run over to the rant thread.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:27 PM   #40723
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Studying for a class that I don't like but nevertheless have to pass in order to graduate.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #40724
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Studying for a class that I don't like but nevertheless have to pass in order to graduate.
Good luck.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:43 PM   #40725
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
I think I majored in that!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?