Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 02:20 AM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I broke the screen on my CyBook...

... and it was even properly inside its cover and everything (I don't use the cover at home, only when I take it somewhere).

This morning, on the way to the bus, I stumbled and landed partly on top of shoulderbag - and on top of the CyBook. I ruined the knee of my jeans too, but they were cheap - and my knee'll heal - but this is just...

I hope my insurance will cover it
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:22 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Oh dear, that was an expensive trip! Bookeen will replace the screen for you for €120.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2008, 04:34 AM   #3
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Awwww, poor you. I love my Sony Reader and would be so upset if I accidentally broke it!
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:34 AM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! It's not my day today - I should have stayed at home...

Harry; I'll wait and see what the insurance company says - if they'll give me the money, I think I'll take that instead, and wait and see how the Astak readers turn out. I've never been happy with the HTML support on the CyBook - it's very basic, and most of what I read is in html files - so I spend a lot of time re-formatting and cleaning up HTML files.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
Ea
Wizard

Bummer! The insurance didn't cover stuff like this - it comes extra, which I declined to have because I never break anything
But I'm sure I've already saved more over the years by not having that additional insurance, than what I could have gotten for this.

Guess it's a good time to give the Touch a try as a reader, and if the Astak's HTML support turns out to be no better than for the CyBook, I can always get the screen replaced.
Advert