Notices

Old 08-20-2008, 02:42 AM   #1
lullah
Enthusiast
lullah began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen gen3
NO ANNOTATION AFTER BUILD 708

Hello
After I applied the last build, (708), when I come back to a document I have been reading, it does not start from the page I was on, but to the beginning. Also, if I try to add a book mark, it doesn't do it, it goes through the process, but when I reopen the document, there are no book marks.
I tried moving the lock button on the SD card to lock and then unlock, I tried reinstalling the firmware, I tried removing and reinserting the battery. I tried resetting.
Nothing is working.
Help!
lullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:49 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds like you have a corrupt file system - that's the normal cause of bookmarks not working. Try doing a "chkldsk" on both the SD card and the internal disk.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2008, 02:55 AM   #3
lullah
Enthusiast

How do I do that? and are you sure the is an l in the middle of chk(l)dsk
Old 08-20-2008, 03:49 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On Windows, open a Windows Explorer window, right click the drive, and select "Properties" from the pop-up menu. Select the "Tools" tab, and in the "Error checking" portion of the tab, click the "Check Now" button. Do this for both the internal drive and the SD card.

No, no "l" in "chkdsk" - that was a typo!
Old 08-20-2008, 03:53 AM   #5
lullah
Enthusiast

I just tried to run check disk by right clicking on the device and choosing properties for both the SD and the internal memory.
I think it fixed it, thanks
Advert
Old 08-20-2008, 03:54 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Did it find errors?
Old 08-20-2008, 04:24 AM   #7
lullah
Enthusiast

I used the graphical interface instead of doing it through the run command. So it only showed me that it was done however, I did have the box "automatically fix errors" checked.

Thank you for your help, it is appreciated.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:53 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

My pleasure. Make sure that you ALWAYS use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool before unplugging the Gen3 - that will minimize the occurance of the problem.