Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Battery Stuck at 67%

I've been having battery issues this weekend on my Kindle Fire HD. Please note, I charge through the computer, as I don't have a wall plug charger.

Saturday morning the battery had zeroed out, but I hadn't used the Fire in a couple of days, so I thought it might have been because of normal depletion. I charged it through the day and it was at 100% when I started using it Saturday night. By the time I had finished, the battery was around 60% (which it shouldn't have depleted that fast, I don't think, but I was playing games so maybe?). Sunday morning, it had zeroed out again and a charging session of 24 hours has only got it to 67% (the same as it was at midnight when I checked it). This is 15 hours longer than the battery app said it should take for a full charge.

Is there another method of charging (such as turning it completely off) that might help get the battery back into proper state? Or might there be something depleting the battery that I'm unaware of? I unplugged it when I left for work this morning, so who knows if it might be completely dead again by the time I get home

I just got this unit in December, so it's still under warranty, but I was hoping I could get it back into proper battery state before I resorted to Amazon customer service.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Did you install last week's update? (or did it update silently?) I would let it drain and recharge again and see if anything changes.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Did you install last week's update? (or did it update silently?) I would let it drain and recharge again and see if anything changes.
Yeah, it updated automatically....sometime. When I checked the number it's up to the latest, so maybe that was draining it? I'll give it another deplete/recharge cycle to see if it changes things. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
Yeah, it updated automatically....sometime. When I checked the number it's up to the latest, so maybe that was draining it? I'll give it another deplete/recharge cycle to see if it changes things. Thanks.
Sounds like you got an app that has gone rogue.

As to battery meter issues a reboot sometimes fixes them but it sounds to me like a bad app.

The fastest fix is a Factory reset or you can uninstall any apps that may have recently been installed or updated. Any app can corrupt at anytime. I've had this happen on my phone a few months ago.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
KimberlyFDR
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sounds like you got an app that has gone rogue.

As to battery meter issues a reboot sometimes fixes them but it sounds to me like a bad app.

The fastest fix is a Factory reset or you can uninstall any apps that may have recently been installed or updated. Any app can corrupt at anytime. I've had this happen on my phone a few months ago.
Darn those Amazon free apps of the day I'll try uninstalling them from most current to oldest to see if that solves the issue. Thanks for the suggestion.
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I had the same experience when the last update to my Kindle Fire HD hit. On March 23 it dropped to zero percent and on March 28 it dropped to 9% - both suddenly. The firmware upgrade takes a lot of juice. Evidently it downloaded and prepped itself on March 23 and then installed itself on March 28.

I'm leaving it on Shutdown mode every night since then but will open it up when I see the next upgrade is released. Shutdown ends all apps from running. GSam showed it was the Android Operating System which used almost all the juice during the firmware upgrade - no other apps used any.

The Jellybean upgrade is coming soon. That will probably have the same effect.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
KimberlyFDR
Groupie

I think (please don't let me jinx it) that everything might be good again? Perhaps it was the downloading / installing of the latest update that was draining it temporarily.

Smooth sailing until the next incident! Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
YAY! Good to know!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote