Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
fletaash
fletaash began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
Book has been returned; Loan not on record?? What??

Regarding library books thru overdrive...
I have no trouble downloading from overdrive to my computer. It shows up in "My Digital Editions".
Then, I connect my Nook (classic) to computer and drag the book over to "Nook". Can't open book. The file size shows the same, but when I try to open I get the message I wrote above in title.
Should I be dragging the book into a particular folder under the Nook... (i.e. Adobe Digital Editions, Digital Editions, My Documents, etc.)?
Last week, I kept dragging to folders under the Nook folder and then moving around. I eventually successfully loaded a book, but no idea how I did it.
I'd call the library for help, but I usually work during normal library hours so it isn't convenient. I'm hoping that one of you experts will help this novice!!!
fletaash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Are you moving the book to Adobe Digital Editions and then from there dragging the file to your nook?
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I don't own a Nook, but from what I've read here you need to put sideloaded books (like this would be) in My Documents.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Copying a reply from another place. Might help:
(source: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...ok/td-p/477693 )

I see no mention of Adobe Digital Editions anywhere in this litany. You need to download the book to ADE first, then copy it to your nook. In addition, your nook needs to be an authorized device in ADE. Are you sideloading the book itself or the .acsm file? the .acsm file is simply a link back to the library to securely download the book.

the sideloading into "my documents" is not correct - it was a workaround in 1.1.0 because ADE was not connecting correctly. What you should be doing is dragging and dropping the book in ADE to the nook icon on the left side of ADE (where it will appear if it has been authorized). This will place the book in the "Digital Editions" folder on your nook, which is the correct place for it to appear.

If you need more info, the New York Public Library actually provides video tutorials of how this is supposed to work. Even if they're not your library, you can access the videos and get more info.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #5
fletaash

I think maybe that I didn't load ADE correctly because the books do not show up on my computer under ADE, but instead under My Digital Editions. I can read them from my computer at that point.
When I drag to the Nook folder to the left, it doesn't place them in the My Documents folder but just as a document under Nook... no folder.
When i disconnect from the computer, the name shows up under My Documents. Also, the size of the book is the same... like 2100 kb. It just won't open.
I will check out the NY Public Library tutorial. Thanks
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 05:03 AM   #6
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

I hope you can get it to work! It's so neat to be able to read library books. I do it all the time on my Sony!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
fletaash

It's working....Yeah!!

Yep, the problem was exactly what I thought...me. I just didn't know what I was doing.
I was trying to move the book to the Nook in Windows Explorer. I had to click on the book to open it and THEN it opened in ADE. I clicked on the little bookcase and the book cover icons showed up. Then, all I had to do was drag the book cover to "nook" in ADE.
I am SOOOO glad it is working.