Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
carolehughes
carolehughes began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
No Chapters in my epub file

You can tell I'm new at this: I downloaded a book, (epub file) with no chapter breaks, its on my Kobo but impossible to read and I would have to read it in one go without turning it off, or I'm stuck hitting page after page to get to where i left off.

This is definately a newbie question I'm sure, but then Im excused as I am a newbie at this

Thanks for any help
carolehughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
There does not have to be a chapter break for a bookmark to be established when you stop reading. It should bookmark the specific page. Have you tried it to see?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
I've had issues with bookmarking with PDF's converted to epub (Via Calibre). The formating is fine each chapter seems to be converted properly and even gives me a table of contents. sometimes it will bookmark, and other times it will bring me back to a previously saved bookmark. I haven't run into this problem with our purchased epub books yet.

I'm starting to think that kobo is having problems handling converted PDF files as I believe that the power off instead of go to sleep issue has so far only happened with converted PDF's along with the chapter issues......
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
PDF conversion on Calibre is not exactly problem free--and Kovid is the first to admit that. So whilst it certainly could be a Kobo issue, it could also be a Calibre one or a combination of the two. Hard to tell at this point.

There are other problems with sideloaded ePUBs on the new Kobo, apparently, so when they work on that, maybe this will also kinda fix itself. One can hope...
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:51 AM   #5
carolehughes
carolehughes began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
no chapters

Thank you all for the input,

Yes i have tried going back to the book after reading 20 pages, and no bookmark.

After reading your responses this maybe a glitch either in Calibre or the Kobo which they will fix sometime, who knows lol

and I also have had a book a while ago that showed the chapters and content but there were no chapters or bookmarks.
carolehughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert