Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #16
jswinden
Nameless Being

I bet Amazon burns the midnight oil on this bug because it actually bricks hardware which they then have to replace.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I bet Amazon burns the midnight oil on this bug because it actually bricks hardware which they then have to replace.
I know. It's scary you always hear rumors of bugs like this but to actually know of a device it can happen to....
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #18
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I know. It's scary you always hear rumors of bugs like this but to actually know of a device it can happen to....
I know! I've been very lucky and have never had any reader or tablet get bricked. I hope I didn't just jinx myself!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I know! I've been very lucky and have never had any reader or tablet get bricked. I hope I didn't just jinx myself!
I have it was my first Kindle Fire a bad firmware update made it a brick but I still have its replacement and love it but I gave it to hubby when I got the HDX and he wont give it back! *pouts*
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #20
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have it was my first Kindle Fire a bad firmware update made it a brick but I still have its replacement and love it but I gave it to hubby when I got the HDX and he wont give it back! *pouts*
Oops, I forgot I had an iPad 1 get bricked. It was still under warranty so Apple replaced it no questions asked.
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I don't mind buying items that cost less than $35 total from Target or Walmart; and I don't mind waiting a week or two for free shipping on items that cost more than $35.
I was given a 3-month Prime trial back when they were just starting. Found the convenience to be very much worth the $6.58/month that the service costs. I've even made use of the $5 upgrade for one-day shipping on occasion.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote