Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
rsuchwani
Enthusiast
rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle, Android
Read Aloud ePub - popping sound

Hello Experts,

I need your assistant in a small matter.

I'm developing Read Aloud ePub with separate audio files for each page. I have clean audio files without any clipping or popping sounds, but when packaged into ePub, two pages' audio produce "pop" sounds before the narration starts.

I've checked and rechecked all the audio files and specially the ones which produce "pop" sounds several times, but they are clean yet they produce pop sounds when running in iPad.

Can any of you help me with this matter?

Much appreciated.
rsuchwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
rsuchwani
Enthusiast
rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rsuchwani ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone.. please..!!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
That's unlikely to have anything to do with the ePub format, and it's probably just a matter of whatever software you use to play the sounds...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
rsuchwani
Enthusiast

I'm loading my ePub into iPad and using iBooks to read the ePub. Does the iBooks likely to malfunction.

Can you test my ePub yourself, if I send it to you?
Old 08-24-2012, 03:48 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuchwani View Post
I'm loading my ePub into iPad and using iBooks to read the ePub. Does the iBooks likely to malfunction.
Any software is likely to malfunction. Try with different audio formats (different bitrates, frequencies, etc.), or removing all tags.

Quote:
Can you test my ePub yourself, if I send it to you?
No, sorry, I don't have anything that can read ePubs with sound.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You might ask these sort of questions in the Apple device forums since they are about the only devices that do this.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote