Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
mpompey
mpompey began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone SGS6
[Android] Calibre Companion not displaying all matches in search

I've recently noticed an issue with CC. I'm not sure if there was an update recently that broke something or something got flipped on my calibre server.

Recently my wife was complaining of not being able to find a certain book via CC on her Samsung S9. I know the book was in the Calibre Library because I added it myself. When I looked at CC on her phone, it only showed about 30 or so titles, from A - H, and then stopped. No refresh, no additional titles populating later.

I pulled out my phone, also a Samsung S9, and the same thing happens.

Whenever I do a search of my calibre library with CC, CC only displays 30 tiles vs the entire results list.

Anybody have something similar to this?
mpompey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:16 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
there WAS a similar issue discussed here - you need to go back a few weeks and look though threads within this CC forum only.
the cause IIRC was bad metadata in one book
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:50 AM   #3
mpompey

Okay thanks, I will double check through the forum.

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
mpompey

Sorry to hit this thread again, but I can't seem to locate that previous thread. I've done searches for keywords "metadata", "bad metadata", "search", etc.

I have over 117K books in my calibre library. Any tools to spot the ones with bad metadata that might be gumming up CC?
Old 09-18-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
it was easy enough to find - last entry on 1st page.
i did not bother with keyword searches though, I just scrolled through
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=321792

if this is not a match for your issue then post again

NB it took 29 posts before Chaley was able to solve that one, so you have a few in hand
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:09 AM   #6
mpompey

I saw that one, but I didn't think it was due to calibre companion, but I will go through all of the steps and see if it resolves my issues.

In the meantime, I've started working through my library in batches of 1000, downloading/updating metadata. Takes about 3 hours per 1000. If I kick off 2 batches a day, I should be done in about 2 months!

Need to find more maintenance/tips for my library.

Tags
calibre, calibre companion