Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
jancb
jancb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Need help with downloading

Hi,

I usually download books from libraries that have Overdrive. The last few times I have tried to download anything, using Sony's Reader Library, I get an error message that says "Error - Failed to download content (-1034)". I tried on a different computer and got the same thing. When I tried to download the book (epub) using Adobe Digital Editions, it said "Adobe error 1034". I tried saving the file to a flash drive and importing it, but that didn't work either. It's happened with books from different libraries, so I'm sure the problem isn't on that end. I'm pretty sure that I have the most current versions of both the reader library and ADE. I did try Calibre, but could't seem to figure out how to retrieve the file from the Overdrive site. I've downloaded dozens of books from the library in the past...but all of a sudden it doesn't work for me. Any help that anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

I knew this would happen....not 5 minutes after first posting this, I tried once more to download the 2 titles from 2 different libraries...and it worked! Of course! But if anyone can tell me why it didn't work and I had to try numerous times...I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks!!

Last edited by jancb; 08-10-2010 at 12:19 AM.
jancb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
sippie2
sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sippie2 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS 600
Check your library's section on software help, troubleshooting. This is usually
caused by non communication with the server, so they say, but I've been having problems similar to that just recently, also with ADE, I've beeen checking out books online since Dec of this year and so far it's been good up to now, but it is frustrating, since its happened with the 3 libraries I've used lately
sippie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Typically when I've encoutered that error trying to download a book from the public library it has been a problem with the library's site, not the Reader or the Sony software.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
jancb
jancb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
It's good to hear it might be a problem on their end. I was fussing with some settings on my computer so I was afraid I'd really messed things up, but when it happened on our desktop computer too, I figured it had to be something else. I have discovered that if I keep trying and trying to download the book, eventually it does, but it is frustrating! Thanks for your replies.
jancb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I was attempting to download a library book last night and had initially encountered the (-1034) error. I tried a few more times and was getting the same error. Decided to wait a few hours then went back to the library site and the book was able to download fine.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert