Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
BocolaMom
BocolaMom began at the beginning.

Device: ipad and sony
Exclamation Cannot load newly installed Calibre

Hi
Really am trying - but i'm about to give up. Keep getting the SAME error even after installing/removing/installing again (windows XP Home)

ERROR: Bad database location: Bad database location u'C:/Documents and Settings/Lori/My Documents/Calibre Library'. calibre will now quit.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 191, in initialize_db_stage2
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 132, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 110, in connect
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: u'C:/Documents and Settings/Lori/My Documents/Calibre Library\\metadata.db'

Can anyone help????
BocolaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BocolaMom View Post
Hi
Really am trying - but i'm about to give up. Keep getting the SAME error even after installing/removing/installing again (windows XP Home)

ERROR: Bad database location: Bad database location u'C:/Documents and Settings/Lori/My Documents/Calibre Library'. calibre will now quit.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 191, in initialize_db_stage2
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 132, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 110, in connect
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: u'C:/Documents and Settings/Lori/My Documents/Calibre Library\\metadata.db'

Can anyone help????
\Your old copy of Calibre is still running.
Right click the Icon in the Tray and select Quit
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Another possibility is that you are using a synchronization program like dropbox (but probably not dropbox, given the paths). Perhaps 'my documents' is an offline folder?

The reason this happens is that calibre touches the database, then closes and reopens it to be sure that it can do so. Synchronization programs jump in between the close and the open, locking the file so calibre cannot reopen it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Another possibility
Possibly also aggressive antivirus?

If it's locked for more than a few seconds, a program like "unlocker" may be able to tell you what program has it locked.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote