Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Best webpage apps? And a video question

I like to segregate the apps which require an internet connection onto their own page so I can enjoy the iPad on the go without worrying about a wifi signal. So far though, the webbie page is looking pretty bare: iTunes, app store, Wikipanion, NPR and imdb. What other good webpage apps am I missing out on?

Also, is there a better interface for video on the iPad? I have some playlists it has lumped into the iPod app with my music stuff and when I click on a video, it opens in video player which does not seem to keep the playlists. It is annoying because I have some teaching videos and some personal videos too so I like, as I do with the music, to keep the personal stuff separate. It is annoying to go into the video app looking for something fun and have to wade through several screenfuls of French Disney clips, just as it is annoying to be looking for those and have to flick past the personal stuff. Any suggestions for managing the system a little better?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
icab? weather hd? netflix? abc player? the list of web-required apps can be pretty large.

there is no other video players, unless you include VLC (which requires you to be jailbroken). i agree, apple's video player pretty much sucks when it comes to organization. one tip. you can create video playlists in itunes and move them over to the ipad, they show up in the ipod application and you can browse and launch your videos from there. slightly more organized.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Needing WiFi, but not necessarily internet: Air Video. Works very well to stream video from a PC, and not restricted to file types supported natively on the iPad.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
Don't miss Atomic Web Browser that uses full screen in the iPad and has many features. It has replaced Safari in my dock here. Lots of people have been using it on Joy of iPad and no one has mentioned any problems.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Neil, check out iCab Mobile. It blows Atomic out of the water..
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert