Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 03:16 AM   #121
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
icarine:
"Better note-taking features -- annotation and the ability to save notes in text form would be awesome."

I vote for that here. Especially because I had already mentioned it in my above post as a number one wanted option.

So together with knightzsx2000 that is 3 votes for this feature.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #122
mysweety
Connoisseur
mysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the rough

Device: Hanlin V3, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
icarine:
"Better note-taking features -- annotation and the ability to save notes in text form would be awesome."

I vote for that here. Especially because I had already mentioned it in my above post as a number one wanted option.

Yes please include me too. I have asked for this on several occasions.
mysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #123
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Of course, once we have notes-as-text, we'll be wanting XML-RPC over HTTP so we can post our notes and annotations directly to our blogs...
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #124
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
With icarine's, knightzx2000's, mysweety's and branycat's votes -he supports the note taking feature by wanting even more based on that- and mine, I count 5 votes now.

POCKETBOOK, are you reading? ; )

Seriously though...

Last edited by Lode; 10-03-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #125
silv
silv doesn't littersilv doesn't litter

Device: iRiver Cover Story & Cybook Gen3
Please Dear God (Pocketbook CEO) add ZIP support so that I can finally read my .cbz archives on this reader! CBZ and Powerpoint and I would buy 10 devices, 1 for each of my family and near friends. iRiver's Cover Story does it all and their firmware and file viewer is open source!

Last edited by silv; 10-08-2010 at 09:01 AM.
silv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #126
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Please Dear God (Pocketbook CEO) add ZIP support so that I can finally read my .cbz archives on this reader! CBZ and Powerpoint and I would buy 10 devices, 1 for each of my family and near friends. iRiver's Cover Story does it all and their firmware and file viewer is open source!
I so much second this.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #127
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Not a firmware feature, but what I would really like for my pocketbook is a remote control! That way, when I'm laying at some awkward angle, I can just have the page turn in my hand and easily turn the page without moving.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #128
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
We need a bluetooth device that can be tied to specific keystrokes. Like a rubber ball...something for just this purpose...or sound activated - snap to turn a page?

(and working bluetooth keyboard drivers and something to type in).

Last edited by guyanonymous; 10-20-2010 at 07:04 PM.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:33 PM   #129
Knit n' Read
Knit n' Read began at the beginning.

Device: PB IQ 701, waiting on PB603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Eriksson View Post
Thank you,
Then I would like to start with a request for:

A way to see how many days are left on a borrowed epub/pdf, like it is possible on the Sony's.
I vote for this feature! I am waiting to purchase my first ereader and my main criteria is to be able to borrow ebooks from my local library. I would think this an alert or timer or days remaining on borrow or some such would be a no brainer.
Knit n' Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #130
Knit n' Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmuts View Post
I would also love some kind of highlighting feature, so my vote goes for that!

Bestest regards,
Helmuts
I am also voting for highlighting!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:04 AM   #131
Knit n' Read

I would like to vote for a "To Do List" also.
I am hoping for multiple ways to store the same book or document.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #132
darknessEC
Enthusiast
darknessEC doesn't litterdarknessEC doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 903
Quote:
icarine:

Quote:
Two important features for me:

1. There needs to be an option to save notes as text. I honestly don't see the value of taking a picture of words.

2. Notes need to be stamped with either a static page number (for epub), a paragraph number, or both. It's important to have some way of locating passages according to a standard system.

I will also vote for any highlighting feature.
I agree.

Another great thing, in my opinion, would be to see the feed notes in the same page, not as final notes but I don't know if this is possible.

Last edited by darknessEC; 10-31-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Some corrections
darknessEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #133
polossatik
TheBigFish
polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: boox note air / pocketbook 840
A RSS application that is actually use full would be nice for the models that have Wifi
polossatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:53 AM   #134
mabri
mabri began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessEC View Post
I agree.

Another great thing, in my opinion, would be to see the feed notes in the same page, not as final notes but I don't know if this is possible.
Pardon, on the same page as what? With "feed" you mean an RSS feed?
I'm a prospective user so I'd like to know if this is something I want too.

Yours,
mabri
mabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #135
darknessEC
Enthusiast
darknessEC doesn't litterdarknessEC doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabri View Post
Pardon, on the same page as what? With "feed" you mean an RSS feed?
I'm a prospective user so I'd like to know if this is something I want too.

Yours,
mabri
Sorry, I has had a mistake writting. I propose to see the notes in the feet on the books at the end of each page, not and the end of the book.

Sorry for this mis-understanding.

For example, we can read the same in other places:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63567

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=703504

It's not the same, however I hope you undestand.

P.S. Sorry again, but english isn't my native language.

Last edited by darknessEC; 11-08-2010 at 04:49 AM.
darknessEC is offline   Reply With Quote