Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Error -1145 with epub and Sony software, help!

I have been using the (mac) Sony software for all my epub books (I hate ADE, used to have it and it messed up my computer). I have been downloading books no problem from Kobo and the public library. I just bought two epub books from Fictionwise and when I try to download them, it is not loading them into the Sony software because of 'error -1145' I googled this and have no idea what it means. I hesitate to download ADE again because it messed up my computer and because I am afraid it will mess up the Sony software I am already using for other purposes. Help! I have books I bought and I can't open them so I am very upset about this.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Forma
I'm having the same problem. I filled out this ticket at Fictionwise:

Sony Reader is giving me a 1145 error when I try to
download your .acsm files. 1145 is
ER_GRANT_WRONG_HOST_OR_USER. I have no trouble
downloading from my library so USER must be OK. That
leaves HOST which would be Fictionwise, right? In my
hours of searching I came across another of your customers
having the same problem on 02/20/10 who also can download
from his library and KOBO but not Fictionwise. Could you
check this out and/or advise me of a solution?

I'll let you know if they reply.

I have ADE on my windows XP machine but I don't use it. I just tried opening the acsm files with ADE and they downloaded fine. I moved them to Calibre and loaded them on my reader and they seem OK.
John K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
John, same thing for me, I had to download ADE but once I did I got them working. I just really *hate* ADE and would prefer not to have to deal with it, so I was annoyed at having to download this second software item when the Sony library is already on my computer.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't received a reply on the Fictionwise ticket yet but figured, with the ADE solution, I could safely resume buying. To tempt my temper, I tried opening one of these new books with the Sony Reader software and it worked! I tried one of the earlier books and that worked also. Apparently somebody fixed something. Give it try.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Sony Reader Library seems to be much crappier than ADE.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #6
John K
Reader

This was Fictionwise's response to my ticket:

Yes, we do have a few other customers that are having the same problem. The files are in good working order, it is an issue with the Adobe Digital Editions software for some customers.

We are currently working on a fix this error. Some customers say the information below helped them:

If you continue to have a problem, this error could be caused by one of, or some combination of, the following three system settings:

1. incorrect clock time.
2. incorrect date.
3. incorrect time zone.

When you download an PDF or epub, the Adobe activation records timestamp information from the Adobe activation server. This information is stored inside the book. When you attempt to open the book, this information is compared to your current system information. If your system has an incorrect time/date/time zone, then the activation server disallows the request and you cannot read the book.

Solution:

Carefully check the machine's system time, date, and time zone to be certain they match the time/date/zone when you purchased the PDF or epub. In most cases this will resolve the error.

Please let us know if the above information is helpful.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Lynn
Fictionwise Support Team
Old 09-07-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
mkp
mkp began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am happy to note that there are a lot of readers who have got into trouble with Sony Reader. I had a lot of hopes when I purchased credentials it but now I realize that I have made a big mistake. I had the same problem and one of my friends told me that it was due to incorrect time zone. I corrected it but still it is showing the same error. Anyway I have sent a detailed mail to Sony pointing out my problem.

Last edited by mkp; 11-02-2010 at 11:56 AM.
mkp is offline   Reply With Quote