Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 04:53 AM   #1
Car105
Car105 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
New hack PRS-505: multi status line with %read, time&pages reading, pages per minute.

Hi all,

I am working on a new hack based on previous hacks but doing it more user friendly (I hope so).
There are three different modes for the status lines with extra statistical information.
I am still trying to fix some bugs.

Pressing down and up arrow keys you can cycle through the following status lines.

Status 1: Percent of book read added:

Status 2: Number of pages read and time reading (since last counters reset), and pages per minute.

Status 3: Estimated time remaining to end reading the actual book.

Features added:
* Multi status line with extra information added. Cycle through different information with up and down keys.
* Added % of book read (based on surquizu idea).
* Read pages, reading time and pages per minute (based on slepp idea).
* Estimated time calculated to finish reading the actual book.
* Function to reset counters (* not finished yet).

Other info about the hack:
* Status line information area was widened to allow more information shown.
* No information is stored in internal memory or memory cards to keep it simple.

Pending issues:
* Change reset button from center button press to new mechanism (press and hold down key and confirm with up key)
* Add locale labels for internationalization.
* I would like to add a new status line with the number of pages and estimated time to end of chapter, but I do not now how to know in witch page the next chapter starts, any help is really welcome.
* Bug: shows 1h more than real read time.
* Bug: not working properly in landscape mode (two pages increased with single page turn).
* Bug: wrong counters after reader hard reset.

I used a PRSCustomizer generated file to add this hack so I guess it should be possible to add this hack to PRSCustomizer easily.

Please comment on the mod and tell me any improvement or modification you are thinking of, different way to show info... (related to statistical extra info).

/Carlos

Last edited by Car105; 12-30-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Car105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
While I don't think I will be using this hack, it is always nice to see new functionality. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car105 View Post
Cycle through different information with up and down keys.
It might be a good idea to shift the settings to an extra menu (like Clock control of PRS Customizer or settings of PRS-Plus) - Up and Down are used for navigation of links.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Car105
This addon conflicts with Page Index by Duglum. The latter could be easily updated to support features mentioned above though. Check the PageIndex.js.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm interested in the % read. It's a function I really like on my K2 and combining it with the page count is great.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #5
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I'm interested in the % read. It's a function I really like on my K2 and combining it with the page count is great.
This is already implemented in PRS+
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64510
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Hi Kartu, I actually read through your whole thread on PRSPlus last night. I removed PRSCustomizer because I wanted the screenshot feature but I couldn't get it flash. I'll post my issue in that thread later.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote