Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
equinix
equinix began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad V2
Question American Comics Readable on iLiad?

Hi,
I'm thinking about buying an iLiad Book Edition for the sole purpose of reading Marvel comics on it. Here is my question (and it's really the only one I have )

Will I be able to read the text without having to zoom in all the time or using the landscape mode.

And if not, would the 10-inch DR1000S make a big difference? (EXPENSIVE )

I know that the screen is black and white. That doesn't really bother me, because I'm used to reading the Marvel Essential books.

Thanks!
equinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
I don't know the dimension of America Marvel comics. I once tried to read "The adventures of Tintin" with iLiad. After rotated the screen, iLiad can seperately display upper half and lower half of a page, but I still felt that text is too small. FYI.
I think iLiad is perfect for reading Japanese comics.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
kosmarnik
kosmarnik began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro 2, HP Tx2000 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinix View Post
Hi,
I'm thinking about buying an iLiad Book Edition for the sole purpose of reading Marvel comics on it. Here is my question (and it's really the only one I have )

Will I be able to read the text without having to zoom in all the time or using the landscape mode.
I should be getting my Illiad in a week or so, but I sure wont use it for graphic novels.
For that I'd recommend a tablet PC. I have a HP TX2000 and it's just perfect for comics. A 12.1" 1280x800 screen plus a whole decent laptop Also it's cheap ~700$ nowdays.

Though it weighs too much for reading books (1.9kg). Hence me getting an Iliad.
kosmarnik is offline   Reply With Quote