Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
West
West began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Calibre not recognizing my reader

I have a sony 505, and I just switched from using the sony library to Calibre. I have the lastest version of the software (o.4.115), and all my files loaded. But when I connect my reader, and tell Calibre to send to device, nothing happens. Is there a step I'm missing, maybe something I'm forgetting to do?

Any help would be appreciated. I much prefer Calibre to Sony Library, and would much rather use it.
West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Does windows detect the reader (i.e. can you browse the contents of the reader in windows explorer)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
West

Yes, it does.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
I have a sony 505, and I just switched from using the sony library to Calibre. I have the lastest version of the software (o.4.115), and all my files loaded. But when I connect my reader, and tell Calibre to send to device, nothing happens. Is there a step I'm missing, maybe something I'm forgetting to do?
Did you select the books you wanted sent to the device?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
West

Yes I did. Nothing happens.
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does the icon of the reader show up in calibre when you connect it?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:12 PM   #7
West

Not that I can see.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Then your problem is at the windows level. Try uninstalling the sony library software and rebooting
Old 12-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #9
West

That did the trick. Thank you so much.