Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
Thumbs up A stroke of accessory luck...

Well, I had a streak of luck on friday that ended with me saving a whole lotta money on the reader case with the light and a memory stick for my reader. I am still amazed at the luck and just had to share.

I went for a little walk on my lunch hour and there seemed to be some sort of sony event going on on the pedestrian mall, here in Calgary. The next thing I know, someone is pressing a $25 gift certificate into my hand for Sony Style. I didn't put alot of stock in it, but threw it into my purse and carried on. Then, on my way back to the office - another sony person jumped in front of me and said "Can I take your picture and then give you a $50 gift card?" I basically told them "Sure - if you want to break your camera on my mug, I guess that's your perrogative" lol.

Anyway - on Saturday, I took my $75 in free money to the sony store to inquire if these were truly legit and had no catches...the salesperson assured me that they were just as good as cash. So I promptly told him I would buy a 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo and that I wanted to special order the lighted cover (they didn't have them in stock there). He looked in his computer and said "No need to special order if you're willing to drive 5 mins to pick it up".

$17 CDN later, I was driving home with my hoard and a giant smile on my face!

I must say that the best service I have gotten in any store lately has been at Sony Style in Deerfoot Meadows in Calgary. They are just awesome there.

and I love this cover. That integrated light knocks my mighty bright out of the ballpark anyday (and saves the back of my reader from further scratching).

Last edited by khourianya; 09-22-2008 at 11:56 AM.
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
What a stroke of good luck. And twice.
And how do you like the light, Khouriana?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Nice one!
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

I love it! Now that fall is here, the mornings are pretty dark for reading on my commuter bus - I tested the new light this morning and it was a joy! The extra size and weight in the cover are taking some getting used to, but it's a small price to pay for such clear reading in the dark! In another month, I'll need to use it on both my morning and evening commutes so this thing will pay for itself in short order!

And getting two very expensive things for next to nothing has made my month!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
heatherc
Enthusiast
heatherc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Wow - that is quite the stroke of luck! All I ever get is panhandlers.

Which Sony Store in Calgary had the lighted covers?
heatherc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #6
khourianya
TechnoBookworm

Chinook. They had 5 in stock on Saturday afternoon. I don't know how in demand they are so I'd call first and have one put on hold if you're wanting one. I think with tax it came to about $64.

I usually hole myself away to read on my lunch hours and always forget about the summer and fall freebies that can be found on Stephen Ave until I actually head out there. Usually it's just a free yogourt or juice box, so these GCs were a reallynice surprise!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #7
heatherc
Enthusiast
heatherc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Great - thanks for letting me know!
heatherc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:04 AM   #8
ttate90303
Enthusiast
ttate90303 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Apple iPad 3, Kindle 3, Nook Simple Touch
Great bargains on both items. Enjoy your reader.
ttate90303 is offline   Reply With Quote